Send Topic Print
ZSP1 completed (Read 9258 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

ZSP1 completed
04/10/09 at 21:37:02

Here is a couple pics of a ZSP1 that a customer did last year some time...

-Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Dan
Ex Member

Re: ZSP1 completed
Reply #1 - 04/15/09 at 04:31:25

Mine is finished and working!

I could not calculate the correct resistor value for R7, so I removed it.  My heater voltage is ~6.7 volts AC without it- close enough for now.  I also had a lot of hum-hmmmmm, so I removed the Teflon washers underneath the Al plate, and touched-up some of the solder joints on the potentiometer- much improvement.

One thing I've noticed is that if I turn the power to the preamp off and leave the amp and source on- there is not change to the music volume.  If I change the inputs to the amp there is a definite difference, just wondering why turning off the preamp while everything is connected wouldn't make a difference?  

Anyone have any other ideas as to how to reduce humming from just the turntable?  No such noise when the CD player is running through the preamp, and yes, I checked the ground...

Dan

IP Logged
Dan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/18/09 at 04:33:58

Okay, its finished- and it sounds great!  Lots of tweaking because I'm not an EE (but I know how to spell it), and this is my first electronic kit.  I am a mechanical engineer, so the kit went together a lot faster than the electronic components were soldered.  I spent much time looking at the schematic wondering how come the schematic was different from the picture of the connections, before realizing that the tubes were drawn in two parts.  I soldered and re-soldered a couple parts so many times that I had to replace them.  But here she is- and she sounds great!

IMG_0507.JPG
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/18/09 at 13:50:46

Nice job Dan!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print