04/23/24 at 17:01:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heater Supply voltage (Read 7856 times)
eparson
Ex Member

Heater Supply voltage
03/27/09 at 19:41:19

I purchased the zkit 5 with the OC2 tube voltage regulator from Steve.  I am using this to power the zkit 4.  I got everything wired up and working.  When I checked my heater supply voltage (loaded) I am getting 30 volts, not the 12.6 volts I should be getting.  I checked my wiring which is pretty basic, 1 15 ohm resistor on one of the yellow transformer wires and all is as it should be.  Any suggestions for possible solutions?  I don't understand how the voltage could be off my this much.... Shocked

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Heater Supply voltage
Reply #1 - 04/03/09 at 19:59:05

30 Volts on the heater winding should be impossible.  Unless perhaps the primary was wired for 120 and is plugged into 240v?

WWW   IP Logged
eparson
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/06/09 at 17:31:14

Thanks Steve, i found my mistake, and must stupidly admit that I was measuring the voltage at the wrong spot.  I realized this after a few days ago.  All voltages when measured properly are spot on.  Sorry for the confusion....

IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 01/21/10 at 14:13:22

Wondering.....
Will the Zkit 5 drive two 12AU7's. With the Z block round the corner I was thinking on the integrating of the three units. I presently have a 110v Zox, but if it can be wired from the Zkit5, which will then feed the Zkit4 and the Zbox, it would be great. This would mean that I am 220v all the way. This would also eliminate Smiley too many power cords. Some inputs please.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print