03/29/24 at 10:51:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New System upgrade (Read 9005 times)
76doublebass
Ex Member

New System upgrade
01/22/09 at 23:33:09

I am putting together a new system decware tube of course; I have an 84C Amp will be getting Parker 95 Speakers and in the near future in 2 months a fully moded ZCD CDPlayer.What should follow next. The ZBOX or the CPS2 Preamp. Or does that matter.
Does the ZBOX compliment the Preamp or do I need the Preamp next in the upgrade scheme of things?
Don C.

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: New System upgrade
Reply #1 - 01/23/09 at 00:58:49

I don't have a Z-Box, but a tube(d) pre really brought my Zen Select to life.
I'd highly recommend that combination. Oh, the ZCD's not too shabby either!
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/27/09 at 16:07:42

Where would the ZBox go in the chain? Between the amp and preamp or between the preamp and the CD?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #3 - 01/27/09 at 20:08:42

Don C,

The CSP2 preamp  would be the best bet as the ZCD player is just fine on its own, The CSP2  does something that  a Z-box just doesn't.

If I didn't own a tubed output CD player, then the Z-box would be a good choice for a tube buffer between the amp and CD player, then I'd consider the CSP2  as my next purchase.  

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 01/28/09 at 22:26:16

And if/when you're swimming in dough, get a ZBox and put it between the ZCD and the CSP2.  Logically I think to myself "The CSP2 is so good, I don't need the ZBox now."  And yet when I take it out, I miss a special somthing that is there when it is in place.

I had Steve add an additional input and a switch to mine and I can use it for both my ZCD and my Blu-Ray player; makes a difference with each.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print