Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 07:40:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Diary of a recent Zen Head #4 (Read 4104 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Diary of a recent Zen Head #4
11/10/08 at 14:47:38

HiFlight writes:

09-18-2008, 04:14 AM:

I can only add my "+1" to the above comments! I am finding that I am listening to my ZH1 more than any other of my amps.
The amp sounds especially good when paired with my RS1s. Perhaps it is the superb crossfeed that makes this sound so good. I haven't yet tried it with the crossfeed off.

I have yet to find any of my phones that the Zen fails to drive to live levels effortlessly.

In comparison to my iQube, I find the Zen to be more satisfactory for long listening sessions...I listen more to the music than to the amp, whereas the iQube is more neutral, crisper, and an overall cooler sound, reminding me that I am listening to a high-quality amp.

That said, most halls are anything but neutral, and I find that my favorite genre, which is classical, sounds more realistic thru the Zen.

When listening to my DX-1000s with their huge soundstage, coupled with the superb crossfeed and wide soundstage of the Zen, it is very easy to forget you are listening to recordings rather than a live performance! This combination ROCKS!

09-25-2008, 03:33 AM:

This is perhaps premature, as I have only a few hours on my P3, and still have the same opamps that were installed by iBasso, but at this point, I prefer the sound of the ZH1 over the P3. Maybe because of the superb crossfeed. At any rate, the soundstage and imaging of the ZH-1 is better than that of the P3.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print