Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/19/24 at 11:09:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff (Read 45895 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff
06/15/08 at 14:41:42

Decware Silver Reference Interconnects. . . THE interconnect to get to mate with Decware products, in my opinion.

Okay, I haven't tried every inteconnect out there under the sun, of course.  But I have tried others besides the Decware (and earlier Decware models as well).  These interconnects are an excellent match to the Decware source, preamp, buffer amps and amps.  In my humble opinion of course.  Decware products excel in their neutral tonal balances and their clarity and imaging. And these interconnects get out of the way and allow all these properties to be displayed.

Any other happy users out there?

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware s
Reply #1 - 06/16/08 at 00:04:36

Thanks for your impressions, Lon. I'm thinking of ordering a set of these too.
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware s
Reply #2 - 06/16/08 at 01:22:13

Oh you're welcome.

I have no doubt you'll be happy with them with your set up.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Deware Silver Reference Interconnect/Decware stuff
Reply #3 - 06/30/08 at 17:10:09

My latest set have really broken in.  These are wonderful when they're in place. . .just not really there at all.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/18/09 at 02:34:07

I ordered 2 pr of the half meter cables a couple weeks ago now having a nervous breakdown waiting for them. How long did it take to get them from Steve?

I am curious what you use going to your CD player.

On another note I ordered and received a set of the Herbie's Footers last week. I just ordered with the basic black ball. I didn't like them under my TT but they will stay under my CD player. I also chickened out buying the 4" Maple blocks and bought another 2". I also decided to pass on the Soundsmith phono cart and flipped a coin between a new Grado or a Clearaudio, the Clearaudio will be here next week.

IP Logged
76doublebass
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/22/09 at 23:27:03

I am starting to build up a Decware system and have the 84c Now and will in the future look at some ic's.How does the silver Reference compare to putting together a set of diy ic's made from 99.99% silver?
Occasionally I'll see some bulk stuff for $3.00 per foot from Hong Kong or China
Don C.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 01/26/09 at 17:00:28

I don't have direct experience, but reading the design notes on Steve's cables, I have a feeling that his methodology and build will make them sound "different". . . .

They're excellent cables. . . and not criminally expensive.  But there's also the fun (for some, not necessarily me) of building and using your own. . . .

IP Logged
ZENCDUSER

Reply #7 - 01/27/09 at 04:06:51

I have a pair 1 meter pair running between my ZCD and Carina amp.  Outstanding.  I'll doubt if I'll ever go back to copper wires.  I also have a set of Clear Day solid core silver speaker cables.   Initially they may sound a bit strident (as do most components,  silver or copper based).  But they do settle down and relay all the warmth, richness, and harmonics that are found in your recordings.  You get the added bonus of increased clarity, soundstaging, and that "jump" factor.  The key is time...lots of time!.  What ever figure you hear, double it!  You'll hear several stages of sound development ( I did, even after "cooking" the cables with over 100 hours of a break-in CD).  I cant say which took the longest (ICs or Speaker cables)...it's possible the ICs were already developed and waiting for the speaker cables!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/21/09 at 04:26:30

I now have a .5 meter pair between my Taboo and CSP2 and another set Steve made slightly over 1 meter running between the CSP2 and ZP3. From the ZP3 to the turntable I am running the stock cable sent with it from Pro-Ject. It is the RM10 and I have been told this cable is built for them by Cardas. I have ordered another cable these sound so good. I am selling all my Kimber and my TV set is getting jealous of the Stereo.

All kidding aside, placing these two cables in the system gave me a much deeper, richer bass and it was like the ceiling of my listening room elevated ten feet. This was not subtle it was extremely noticeable. I was using Kimber KCAG and Kimber Hero that are at least a decade old and the Decware Interconnects destroyed them in heads up listening and the Decware aren't even broken in.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 02/22/09 at 03:27:50

:)

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 02/22/09 at 05:25:06

Lon I have been having so much fun with this new system while waiting on the Radials. Actually I am in love all over again with my JMR / Velodyne speaker system. I ended up with 4 Herbies Iso Cups and Grungebuster balls that I decided to place under my ZP3. The ZP3 didn't sit level with one under each corner but replacing one of the grungebusters with a glass lampblack ball under the corner closest to the transformer leveled things out. I'm still using a Vibrapod with a lampblack ball in the center well under the Taboo and CSP2 and everything is still on Mapleshade platforms. The visitors either love the Decware or hate it. Most are stunned by the sound then a few are turned off by all the exposed tubes and wire. I have tried my best to keep things neat yet obeying my rules for running wire. 35 years in the electrical field doesn't make me a genius but it gives me a good head start on the novice.  :)
I have had people feel the interconnects and comment on how small the wire feels. I have to take them to the Decware site and show them but it doesn't seem to compute. Three of my friends used to own audio shops, I guess they have been out of the business too long.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 02/22/09 at 14:06:52

R,

Glad you're having so much fun waiting for the Radials!

I'm on  a different course, I've actually been unhappy with my system lately and last night I took the ZCD out of the system.  In combination with the ZBox there's a big hum in my system that I just can't get rid of.  And I just keep being dissatisfied with the sound, and anxious about it, and it colors my listening sessions.  It's been that way ever since I first bought the machine, so I've set it aside again and am listening to my Sony ES BP2000ES Blu-Ray player as the only source.  It lacks about 20% of the dimensionality of the ZCD but has a better tonal balance and I just relax listening to it.  It also makes DVDs look and sound fantastic, as well as the incredible Blu-Rays.  This also simplifies my system, allowing me to eliminate one component and footers, cables etc.  I think I may just leave the ZCD out til the Radials arrive.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/22/09 at 15:04:23

I had ordered a ZCD then put it on hold for a while. My home theater system is all Adcom amps, Lexicon Processor, Paradigm speakers, Pioneer Laser Disc and I use a Sony Playstation 3 for blueray. Heaven help if I should start replacing all the cables in that system or get serious about isolation and vibration.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 02/22/09 at 15:53:42

I wouldn't want to steer you away from the ZCD, there are others who are phenomenally happy with theirs. My experience is frustrating me, I want to love it so badly! So it's going aside for a while. I can't bear to have an audio AND a video session (and I totally cannot get into "games.") So this Blu-Ray player (which til this November was Sony's flagship) suits me well for now.  It is very impressive as an audio source, really surprised me in that department actually).

My extra pile now includes a DEC685, a NAD 585T and the ZCD. Cheesy  I may be moving to a larger home in the future, so it won't hurt to have extra sources, and I'll soon have extra speakers, etc.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/23/09 at 02:09:57

My son and son-in-law talked me into the Playstation / blueray. I have played football on it half a dozen times the rest of the time they play on it when they come over or my grandson plays on it when he is here. It's a pretty good player, I bought the one with the most memory. I have been selling unused equipment left and right. I sold eight items on ebay last week alone and one of my friends is coming over next week to buy some of my old interconnects. I may keep my present set of speakers for a while before deciding their fate. Who knows I may hate the radials.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 02/23/09 at 02:45:08

Well, you are NOT going to hate the Radials!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/23/09 at 15:16:26

I check my email each day for that note from Sarah saying Richard your Radials have been shipped. One week till my birthday so I hope I get that email today. Last night I was again looking at the 944 and NFX speakers giving them some second thoughts. My only experience with an omnidirectional speaker came about 25 years ago when I listened to a pair of top of the line Ohm loudspeakers. I don't even remember if I liked them or not but a stereo showroom is not a great place to audition loudspeakers.

With the exception of my sound sources, phono and CD and my speaker wire, everything else will be Decware and I will likely try the speaker wires. The incredible build quality has me hooked as much as the sound.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 02/23/09 at 21:03:17

I repeat Richard, you will enjoy the Radials! Smiley

I think the RL2s I have present music the most naturally, the least "HIFI", of any speakers I've heard.  Someone who loves music, who plays music, will respond to these speakers and deep down go "HELL YEAH!"

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #18 - 02/23/09 at 21:24:07

PS:

Your post spurred me to order the speaker wire.  No one talks about it, but it has to be good.  This week I took out the last interconnects in my system that are not Decware, a pair of PS Audio XStream Statement interconnects.  These were in my system from the ZBox or the CSP2 to the Monoblocks for a long time and I was sure I loved them.  I replaced them with a pair of Decware Silver Referrence. . . and won't put them back in.  So now the only thing that is not Decware in the system are my XStream Statement speaker cables, and an XStream Statement power cord (which I do prefer to the Decware ones, but new they are twice the price; I got mine as a B Stock item.)

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 02/23/09 at 23:38:38

We agree the interconnects made significant improvements in our systems. At around $200 I call them giant killers the Kimber KCAG I had been using sell for around $800 for a meter pair. I want to pull the trigger for a pair of the speaker wires and you may have made me finally do it. I have been using Kimber 8TC for several years and like them. I also have Mapleshade Golden Helix that I prettied up with some Tecflex cable sleeving and heat shrink, they look $400 more expensive LOL. I can probably work them into my budget I can live off bread and water for a month <G>
My power cords are PS Audio Preludes which I think you have some history with. I like them, my first dive into high end power cords came when I used them on a pair of ASL Wave 8 monoblocks. I kind of wish I had never let them go but..........

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #20 - 02/24/09 at 02:17:04

Yes, I have several pair of PS Audio XStream Prelude power cables, before I started using Steve's I had these in the system, and now they're in a second system and attached to a few guitar amps.

Steve's are "better" for the Decware system. . .though they don't top the Statement version to my ears.  But they're cheaper.  I move the Statement around sometimes and find that it seems best in the CSP2, though if I had it on the TV the picture is off the hook.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 03/07/09 at 16:44:23

I have all DSR II cables in my system as of last week and I admit they have made a difference. I was replacing Kimber KCAG and Hero cables which I loved but with the Decware Taboo, CSP2 and ZP3 the DSR IIs sound better. I did some AB testing by playing a minute of one song then changing cables and listening to the same minute again. The DSR II cable was less veiled and had a more open sound.

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 03/10/09 at 05:35:45

Last week I swapped the Cardas cable from my TT to my ZP3 with a DSR II leaving the ground wire connected. The DSR II cable is unshielded as far as I know but my room really doesn't need any shielding. I have been playing it every day and I think everything is broke in. I think the sound is more pure now. Everything is finally settling into it's final resting place and awaiting the last piece, the black custom finished ERR Radials. This may start a whole new adventure in tube rolling and cap rolling but that's why I went this route. This is probably my last stereo system and I wanted something right and something I could toy around with. I think this system top to bottom hit a home run with me.

I have to say the ZP3 is such a great phono stage and a great deal. I have listened to some phono stages that are much more expensive that didn't excite me nearly as much as the ZP3 but maybe I just hit on a great phono combination by sheer luck.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 05/24/09 at 04:10:59

I just acquired a pair of DECWARE half meter interconnects and am using them between my CD player and Taboo. The CD player sits just below the Taboo on the shelf below and I thougnt these interconnects would fit. Unfortunately the collars keep the ends straight, so I had to use a 90 degree connector on the amp end. This doesn't seem to be a problem because they sound great.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 06/23/09 at 22:50:03

With all the connectors on top it was a real challenge to route wires so the whole thing didn't look like a science project gone bad.  ;D

IP Logged
DaBare
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 08/28/09 at 22:03:31

I am wondering how the rca connector upgrade changes the performance of the interconnect.  The additional cost seems significant compared to the base unit.

IP Logged
darrwood

Reply #26 - 11/27/14 at 05:04:18

I have just purchased a new TT I have decwares shielded rca interconnects from the TT to my ZP3 and Monster to the amp. I was considering both shielded but is the silver is a better choise?  I have not purchased any yet so I can not test them.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 01/16/15 at 17:21:56

I just ordered the Silver Ref cables to replace my OFC interconnects.  I too am running a shielded interconnect between my TT and CSP3 (copper but not Decware) but I ordered an extra set of the Silver Ref cables and I'll try them there.  I'll report back with any significant findings.  Right now the cables are out of stock but are expected soon.

I took advantage of some coupons, including the new 10% off through February.  Good time to buy.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 01/17/15 at 17:42:11

Oops!  I just heard from Sarah.  It seems that even though the Checkout System allows the stacking of coupons, it's not supposed to!  So, not quite as good a deal but still got 15% off.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 01/31/15 at 19:44:16

I got my new Decware power cords and silver interconnects.  I replaced the stock power cords on my ZP3, CSP3 and ZMA with the Decware cords and I can't say I heard any difference.  However, when I replaced my Wireworld OFC interconnects between the ZP3 and CSP3 and the CSP3 and ZMA I noticed a definite increase in clarity.  Maybe too much on some recordings.  I expect the interconnects to break in some given how they are constructed so perhaps the sound will mellow a bit, or I'll just get use to it as my new standard.  The only copper I have left is the interconnect from the TT to ZP3.  Since that's a shielded cable, it will likely stay.

I don't notice noise from using the unshielded power cords or interconnects although I now have a slight hum at very high volume on my digital channel where it was dead quiet before.  This hum in no way comes into play but I thought I'd mention it since it seems attributable to the unshielded cables.  I haven't tried using an unshielded interconnect between my TT and ZP3 but that's about all I can think of doing to increase clarity/resolution at this point -- if that was needed.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #30 - 01/31/15 at 20:01:27

You still have lots of copper in those Decware power cords! I wouldn't go unshielded between Turntable and ZP3. . . try it but likely you'll need the shielding.

The interconnects will mellow some with use. They're good cables, you have to spend considerably more to better them. I did and I'm glad I did but it costs!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 01/31/15 at 20:26:49

Ha ha, that's true about the copper!  There is so much in the transformers, amp wiring and speaker coils.  I guess what's so amazing is how the little bit of silver in the interconnects makes such a BIG difference in the sound.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
ginny

Reply #32 - 03/01/18 at 17:54:12

I'm interested in knowing what everyone is using in their system as far as IC's.

I have over the last 6 months pieced together a new system and am looking for the IC's that will best suit my system.

Thanks in advance

-Mark

Oppo UDP-203 / Oppo Sonica / Neotech (AC) / Torii MKlV with type ll beeswax caps / Analysis Plus black oval 9, solo crystal oval, digital crystal / Tekton Pendragon / Dedicated 10-2 w/ground circuit, PSAudio Power Port Classic HG outlet / Dual Rel Acoustic S/812
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #33 - 03/01/18 at 18:58:36

My system has all VooDoo Cable interconnects Mark. I probably gave three other product lines of interconnects a really good shot and the VooDoo really shined in my system and I climbed their ladder. All my interconnects either single-ended or balanced are VooDoo Stradivarius Cremona or Amati except for one pair between my tuner and my ZTPRE that is Take Five Audio, a "deluxe" balanced version they don't offer at the moment that is very similar wire and cryo'd wire and insulation to the VooDoo with different connectors. I'm very happy. . . not changing wires any time soon. Really I'm sitting pretty right now with just tube-rolling and the 15th Anniversary Monoblocks I have on order on the horizon.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 03/01/18 at 19:33:07

I use Steve's DSR-IIs for my unshielded and custom built shielded silver ICs from Marc Stager at Sager Sound for my TT to phono stage cables.

I don't put a lot of effort (relatively) into my ICs and these are of the quality that I don't worry over them.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
ginny

Reply #35 - 03/05/18 at 12:52:41

Thanks for the replies guys...

Has anyone ever tried Morrow IC's in your Torii?
I have the Morrow MA6 on my short list, as well as the Morrow SP6 speaker cables.

Oppo UDP-203 / Oppo Sonica / Neotech (AC) / Torii MKlV with type ll beeswax caps / Analysis Plus black oval 9, solo crystal oval, digital crystal / Tekton Pendragon / Dedicated 10-2 w/ground circuit, PSAudio Power Port Classic HG outlet / Dual Rel Acoustic S/812
  IP Logged
ginny

Reply #36 - 03/07/18 at 21:35:58

Has anyone owned or tried the Nirvana S-L speaker or IC's?

I have tried to find where i could potentially buy them as they are on my short list, but i have not been able to find them.

Anyone...?

Thanks
-Mark

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #37 - 03/07/18 at 21:44:19

IP Logged
ginny

Reply #38 - 03/07/18 at 22:01:01

Lon,

I saw those during my search, but i'm not sure if those are the same.
Here is a link to one of the reviews i read that shows what they look like.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/nirvana/digital.html

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #39 - 03/07/18 at 22:02:43

Santana
"Festival"

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #40 - 03/07/18 at 22:09:11

Huh. Well the description of materials seems similar. The website on the 6Moons review doesn't go anywhere near an audio company. They may be out of business, or the links that we found may be selling the most current version. I personally know nothing about the company, and haven't heard of the cables.

IP Logged
ginny

Reply #41 - 03/07/18 at 22:15:23

Lon,

Here is another review that lists the company, but the link goes nowhere which is the reason these have been so hard to track down.  I'm afraid you are correct in that they may be out of business.

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/db03.htm

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #42 - 03/08/18 at 00:19:29

Yeah. . . the pricing makes me think that these are not identical to the link I found, but that the links I found may represent a newer make of the basic design by another company (?) priced lower.

Hard to say. Just so little out there. I think those reviewed are no longer available. Yelp says their physical location is "closed."

IP Logged
ToobNoobToo
Verified Member

Reply #43 - 09/26/18 at 00:19:50

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I just joined the Decware wannabe kinship, and hoping to join the family soon.  

Ginny asked what ICs people are using.  FWIW, I heard a tremendous improvement in transparency and "air" when I dumped all my old Monster Cable for entry level Transparent MusicLink ICs.  

I pulled my then system out of storage after returning from overseas.  At the time I was running my original NAD 7030 receiver as a pre, NAD 2020? amp, and Spica TC-50s.  The ICs made a big difference!

I'll test Decware ICs when I upgrade my digital front end to Sonore UltraRendu.

IP Logged
bikehappy1
Seasoned Member

Reply #44 - 11/23/19 at 05:05:40

I have some Decware silver connects and some Decware DAG IC’s. The silvers are broken and and dag’s aren’t but the silver connects seem to sound a little better. A little more crystal clear. Is this normal?

Home: Torii MKIV-25, ZP3-25, HR-1’s, ZLC, DSR, DHC-1, PSA DSD, ZRock2, SA8005, Zenstiyx, VPI Prime, Hana ML, ZMC1.
Work: SE84UFO-25, Schiit modi, Trapeziums, MacBook air, Audirvana aiff. Also have a pair of ESS AMT 1C’s in workout room with a cxnv2.
  IP Logged
safebelayer
Seasoned Member

Reply #45 - 04/04/20 at 01:33:59

Has anyone tried Amadi Signature Interconnects with their Decware equipment (especially Torii or CSP3 units)?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print