Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 09:52:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need woofer install help (Read 405 times)
fireblade16
Ex Member

Need woofer install help
03/28/08 at 22:00:01

Put my DB12 together the other day and I have some questions about how the woofers are supposed to be installed. Currently have it with one woofer mounted on the face of the insert with the magnet assembly facing into the insert. Happy with the sound but I have a second matching woofer I'd like to install and can't find anywhere in the plans that tell you how to do this. Any help would be appreciated, trying to get the most out of this great box!

Oh, I'm using Boston Pro Series 12" subs (12.5LF).

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: Need woofer install help
Reply #1 - 03/29/08 at 02:50:14

clamshell (like a seashell) the drivers together face to face (with a piece of board between them to stop surrounds touching, 12" hole in the board obviously) then drop 'clamshelled' subs into the box together.

with 2 drivers the box wont be any louder but will have better sq, and maybe play a little lower. better to build another db, or a w.o. if you want to use 2 subwoofers.

imo. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
fireblade16
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/29/08 at 04:34:29

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions. I'll give it a try and see how I like it. Out of phase I suspect, on either side of the baffle should do? Hmmmm, can't wait to see how it sounds and how my amp likes it. Really impressed with the design of the box, super sturdy!

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/29/08 at 19:46:46

ive built the db 10 and 12, wo , wo32, hwk, wedge, almost all steves sub designs. all of them when set up correctly are amazing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print