Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 14:12:20 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suggestions on speakers to use with Taboo & CSP2 & (Read 8228 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Suggestions on speakers to use with Taboo & CSP2 &
02/29/08 at 16:15:20

I need suggestions for speakers that would work well in a small listening room, 12 x 14 feet, with a Taboo amplifier, CSP2 preamplifier and Ah! Tjoeb 4000 CD player.

I am presently using a Jolida 302 amplifier and Von Schweikert VR-1 bookshelf monitors, 8 OHM, 89db sensitivity.

I don't know if the Taboo CSP2 combination would be adequate for my VR-1 speakers.      

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Re: Suggestions on speakers to use with Taboo & CS
Reply #1 - 02/29/08 at 17:22:51

That combo may work fine with your existing speakers, all depends on how loud you listen?.    

If you want to go the DIY route and can use your room corners ,I'd suggest the Corner Horns from Decware, or the A126 or A166 by RonC .

Dave Smiley

IP Logged
sberger
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/13/08 at 18:10:23

I'm using Klipsch Forte's from 1987 with that setup and it's great. I did replace the crossovers and tweeters and the sound improved 100%. Klipsch made some great speakers back in the day. I bought mine a few months ago for $400 and the upgrade cost me another $300, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I can get them as loud as I would ever want in a room that is similiar sized to yours.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/forte.aspx

IP Logged
musgofasa
Seasoned Member

Where is that
monkey? I want to
shoot something!

Reply #3 - 03/13/08 at 23:22:54

If I was going to change speakers, I would say the Radial 1.5s might be a wonderful fit in that space....

The graveyard is full of important men
musgofasa   IP Logged
Scrapiron
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/20/08 at 18:07:46

I use Omega Hemptones (8") single x-overless driver with a sub with my Taboo and CSP. It's outstanding. They're on Skylan stands and the sound is amazing. I listen mostly to jazz and instrumental.. but every now and then I crank it up with some disco or classic rock. The Taboo dishes it out!

-Skot

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 03/22/08 at 23:47:48

Thanks for the information. Somebody suggested Tekton Deisgn speakers. Does anybody know about these?

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
don pettit
Ex Member

Re: Suggestions on speakers to use with Taboo & CSP2
Reply #6 - 06/20/09 at 18:56:39

hi, i bought tekton last year.  fostex fe207e.  workmanship on the cabinet,etc just great.  the fostex came out of the cabs recently; replaced by audio nirvana 8" cast frames.  big improvement!!  still like the cabs and eric is great to work with.  anyone want the fostex drivers?  cheap!!  don pettit

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/20/09 at 20:56:16

Somebody somewhere probably is looking for a pair of those. Best thing would be to list them in the classifieds here and some other places.

55   IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/20/09 at 21:40:32

I am using the new ERR Radials with Taboo amp and CSP preamp. I listen to both CD and Vinyl (ZP3 RIAA phono stage by Decware) and I can't imagine a better match. It took a couple of days for things to come together mostly because I am stupid around new stuff but Steve fixed everything over the phone in about 5 minutes. Jaws drop when visitors listen to the system. I listen to just about all kinds of music except yodeling and whistling. The system plays loud enough for me and that's louder than some people like and so far I haven't clipped the amp.

If you listen to a lot of rock-n-roll music may I suggest a pair of TAD EL84 power tubes, Mullard GZ34 rectifier and RCA 12AU7 clear top. It just has that sound...............

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print