Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:28:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone ever build an isobaric DB? (Read 6155 times)
SnakeFingers
Ex Member

Anyone ever build an isobaric DB?
01/09/08 at 00:23:30

Has anyone ever built an isobaric DB? Isobarics let you reduce the volume of the box by about half. I think you would have to start with a pre exisating DB as a reference, use the same drivers, decrease the height of the box, and tune it accordingly.  

Just curious...

IP Logged
PC
Ex Member

Re: Anyone ever build an isobaric DB?
Reply #1 - 01/14/08 at 21:14:48

You must be talking about a DBK10? The DB212 is isobaric already (2 drivers coupled by air cavity) - but you knew this right?
Maybe to your interest, I have built a DB210 (2 x 10") and am very happy with the results.
The drivers were not the ones Steve suggests; mine were more suited to a reflex enclosure, but coupling them has given me a result in a box modelled off the DB212 size and shape that I am happy with.

A few advantages of Isobaric is lower mechanical distortion, and as you said, halving volume required for enclosure, and doubling the power handling for your speaker/sub.
A disadvantage is the efficiency of isobaric config drops 3db compared to the single driver.

IP Logged
backfixer
Verified Member

Re: Anyone ever build an isobaric DB?
Reply #2 - 07/20/08 at 00:21:33

PC, i am planning on doing this when I get a larger vehicle. I had a db12 isobaric, loved it! would like to try it with in a 10" version, but what do you do about the insert size, it seems its too small as is.

i just recently finished a ddb10, check it out at the new topic section.

db10_2_002.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print