03/28/24 at 14:25:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO with DHM108's (Read 6619 times)
David
Ex Member

WO with DHM108's
09/02/07 at 06:48:17

Hey guys just tried out my new WO with steves drivers, very impressive. I did an A-B test with one of the P.A subs i own (Kv2 EX2.2 check it out) and i was very surprised. The WO had a far better frequency response, very low, which i expected. Great sound, smooth and flat response way down to the low lows, and most importantly very clean. However SPL wasnt quite as high as i was expecting, the meter was registering 128dB at the mouth with about 450 watts. No matter though i would much prefer quality than quantity and that is what i have achieved, i can always put some SPL drivers in at a later stage, but for the time being SQ is my game. I think im goin to have some real fun with this thing.
Cheers
David

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Re: WO with DHM108's
Reply #1 - 09/02/07 at 15:47:24

where are you using it? how is it aimed? what are you using it for?

i agree, id rather have quality bass @ 128db then cr@p bass @ 140.

also i believe the wo design allows much higher power handling per driver then a normal desighn.

maybe try some more power?......carefully Wink

IP Logged
60_and_up
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/02/07 at 15:49:14

IP Logged
David
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/04/07 at 05:31:44

I actually built it for a school project, and tested it in a classroom Tongue you should have seen my teacher's face  :o it was a failry big room so it gave me a good idea of the transient response, which i love btw. Yea i could try puttin some more power into it, might do that later on and have some fun. The reason i tested it against the EX2.2 is because my Dad and i were thinking of buildin a couple for a dedicated DJ P.A to handle the low lows, because the EX2.2's -3dB point is 38Hz, but we will see what happens.

Thanks for the replies, i should have a few pics up soon  :)

David

IP Logged
Deform
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/05/07 at 05:21:12

Where are you in australia? not in SA are you??? Sounds like the Wicked Ones have another fan!

IP Logged
David
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/06/07 at 01:59:18

Hey Deform im in Victoria, Bendigo. Yea WO certainly does have another fan.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print