Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:48:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions about the " Wicked One " (Read 8423 times)
Wicked_Mayhem
Ex Member

Questions about the " Wicked One "
08/20/07 at 07:39:17

ok i just found out about this site and saw this box, and must build me one, but my question is, what is a good sub/amp combo for this? i think ill have to end up doing the 24x36 box so it can fit in the back of my 2dr. blazer with the seats up. im looking to spend no more than 450-500 for the subs n amp. please let me know what would be good!

IP Logged
Deform
Ex Member

Re: Questions about the " Wicked One "
Reply #1 - 08/21/07 at 01:50:12

Read through (or search) the rest of this forum and you'll find what you wnat to know.   Wink

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/21/07 at 03:34:25

There are so many combos out there.
use a good pair of speakers and a ok amp.
pioneer to infinity for the subs
almost anything goes for the amp as long as its not junk. Alpine and up
good features on a amp are worth the extra coin.
unless your going for serious power or SQ there is so much stuff out there.just go to a big box store and get a pair of subs that are sensitive and low. and a amp that will do a solid 250Watts at least
No use talking brand names really, go to a sound off or talk with your friends to see what works for them.
I am fond of the Mach5 drivers sound for the price is great. If your going 10's and want great sound and quality then use Decware drivers.
reading through the forum is the best advice to see what others use. I am not picky for car audio so almost anything works.
Gex

IP Logged
Wicked_Mayhem
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/21/07 at 06:34:26

how would 2 kicker cvr 10's do? or 2 kicker L7 10's???

IP Logged
djman37
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/22/07 at 15:21:24

Wicked_Mayhem wrote on 08/21/07 at 06:34:26:
how would 2 kicker cvr 10's do? or 2 kicker L7 10's???

people have used swap meet junk up to RE XXX's in 'em.  I like the idea of the square Kicker in there, but haven't tried it.

IP Logged
Gexter
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/23/07 at 04:08:47

The way I look at it is you can try any sub you want and use a removable baffle.
I have used different 10"s and 8"s in the same box.
I would think that it would be worth trying as long as its designed to work in a sealed box
Most subs ( mass market) are made to work in a sealed or ported so your always in the ballpark anyway. If your talking something for IB then don't even  bother.
If you have them its no loss, just try it out see if it works.

IP Logged
speakerfreak7
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08/23/07 at 07:27:38

i got the decware subs which steve recomends for the WO! and a HIFONICS amp off sonicelectronix.com for about $200. It gives each sub 250 watts. sounds freakin sweet. chest pounding and very accurate bass.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print