HDT owners READ THIS (Read 9231 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

HDT owners READ THIS
01/28/07 at 11:11:30

If you own a pair of HDT's then hear this:

I of course listen to them all the time, and with every amplifier we've ever built, including prototypes you've never heard about.  In our current line up from the SE84C all the way to the Torii MK II I found a combination that simply has to be heard to be believed!

This combo is the definition of true and rare synergy!

So good, that I am certain no other amplifier, regardless of price or design are ever going to touch it on a pair of HDT's.  I can say this for two reasons;  1) I make it my business to listen to the amplifiers I see listed in peoples tag lines on this forum, as well as top drawer retail amplifiers. 2) The amplifier I am using now uses a tube that no other manufacture has ever tried - giving it a sound that is truly unique and non-duplicatable in any other amp.  In fact the same tube used in any of my other amplifiers will not give this result.

Imagine listening to your HDT's and someone waves a magic wand and presto - they sound twice as good.  The music just jumps out into the listening space - it sounds completely real now..  No edge, no hint of it coming from a speaker, perfect in every sense.  RICH bass, dripping tone, perfect timbre, ultimate imaging.

When I discovered this combo, I was dumbfounded.  I told myself that the two simply HAVE to be heard together.  I then felt almost sorry for everyone with HDT's knowing what they could be listening to but were not.

The amp I am talking about is our SE34I.2 with a pair of 6N2P's in the front end.  They transform the amp into something so good it should be illegal.

Please try it.  Please.

I'm so confident about this that I will wave the restock fee and  pay for the return shipping if I'm wrong.  The offer stands.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Craig
Ex Member

Re: HDT owners READ THIS
Reply #1 - 01/28/07 at 13:57:31

Steve,
         Do you have any idea what you are asking me to do? My profit-sharing check should arrive on Friday. It exactly equals what this combo would cost. A year of homework had me pulling the trigger on a pair of 1.5 Radials and a First Watt F3. Now this!

If you truly listen to these popular combinations, then tell me that I would be better off with the HTD’s and SE34I.2 with a pair of 6N2P's in the front end and I will be your first test dummy.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #2 - 01/28/07 at 19:24:16

Craig,

Other then speed being equal between the 1.5's and HDT's the two speakers are very different.  We've probably gone over those differences on the phone, and if not probably should.

1.5's really wake up with a bit more power so the amplifier choice you've made is likely a good one.  

We spent some time listening to both the F1 and F2 on Radials last year and preferred the F2.  Our Torii was also used during these comparisons and found to be better in the imaging and soundstage department - at least to our ears.

I have not heard the F3, but using JFets with 5 times less distortion really brings it all back to the old tubes vs. solid state argument.  I can assure you our Torii had higher distortion then the F1 or F2, yet we preferred it.

As far as solid state amplifiers go, I have the highest regard for Nelson Pass.  I will go on record as saying I believe his are and have always been the best sounding solid state amps ever sold.  I've been hearing them for 20 some years.

My plea in the post above is based on a sure shot.  It is addressed to HDT owners who I assume are well pleased with their HDT speakers.  Giving them the ideal amplifier to drive them (based on my personal subjective taste which I fully stand behind) is a sure shot.

In you case either combination is going to be well liked.  The tendency is to select the speaker which fits your listening style and room.  If you approached me as a hard core audiophile with a worn out listening chair (not couch) in a reasonably decent room I would (armed with this latest discovery) sell you the HDT and SE34I.2 with the 6N2P and no preamp.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Corey
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/29/07 at 02:02:02

Craig,

I would go with the HDT's and the SE34I.2 without question.

Even though the HDT's can play extremely loud, they mesmerize at moderate levels off a good SET. The true test. No volume to impress, just the music.  ;D

https://www.decware.com/paper43.htm

IP Logged
jreel
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/29/07 at 05:39:04

Will using the 6N2P help the original SE-34I?

Thanks

IP Logged
jkardell
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/07 at 23:05:31

[quote author=Steve Deckert  link=1169986290/0#0 date=1169982690]If you own a pair of HDT's then hear this:

This combo is the definition of true and rare synergy!

So good, that I am certain no other amplifier, regardless of price or design are ever going to touch it on a pair of HDT's.

The amp I am talking about is our SE34I.2 with a pair of 6N2P's in the front end.  They transform the amp into something so good it should be illegal.
[/quote]

Before I place my order Smiley just a couple of questions:

When you say HDT, do you mean that the synergy is only with the original HDT with the Fostex driver?  Or, does this synergy work even with the HDT II and with other variants?

If the synergy applies to both models of HDT, count me in for an order of the amp and HDT II combination. I will call to confirm and arrange payment Monday.

I am a big believer in matching components for best sound. In that same vein, I will need a set of your interconnects and speaker cables.  

You are an evil man Smiley

Jonathan

IP Logged
Craig
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/03/07 at 00:17:37

Steve’s excitement for this combination has pushed me off the fence after a year of indecision. I just ordered the  SE34I.2 and HDT’s. I can't wait!

IP Logged
DaveCan
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/03/07 at 06:24:26

Congrats Craig, do let us know all the 'goods' when they arrive. The wait will be hard I know, but very well worth it in the end Grin. I haven't heard the I.2 or HDT, but I absoulutly love my Taboo and I'm sure your in for many great listening sessions with your new gear.     Dave Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print