03/29/24 at 05:56:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zygi's Revenge (Read 6885 times)
Jason_S
Ex Member

Zygi's Revenge
08/11/06 at 14:23:21

I remember having a talk with Bob about the time has was pulling his hair out trying to figure out the build on these speakers.  I am sure the plans are out so we can all share in the joys and frustrations of building using compound angles.
I think we should all get a set of plans and start building, just to experience part of what the Decware folks go through to bring us their amazing products.

Bob got my interest up when he was talking about them.  I am thinking about doing a set because of that.

Jason

IP Logged
gnat leader
Ex Member

Re: Zygi's Revenge
Reply #1 - 08/11/06 at 23:01:57

[quote author=Jason_S  link=1155306201/0#0 date=1155302601]I remember having a talk with Bob about the time has was pulling his hair out trying to figure out the build on these speakers.  I am sure the plans are out so we can all share in the joys and frustrations of building using compound angles.
I think we should all get a set of plans and start building, just to experience part of what the Decware folks go through to bring us their amazing products.

Bob got my interest up when he was talking about them.  I am thinking about doing a set because of that.

Jason
[/quote]

What did Bob say about them?  Also, i wonder how much of a difference audibly the tilt-back makes? ie, how they would sound if built standing straight up.

IP Logged
MAC -SteveH
Ex Member

Re: Zygi's Revenge
Reply #2 - 08/16/06 at 22:07:15

I have found that tilt-back makes a tremendous difference with 'most' speakers. Direction, dispersion, even time alignment things get better with a slight tilt. My findings have been as long as the speakers are aimed at your 'ears' things fall in line sonically.

Just my 2 cents

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print