Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 12:57:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Before I take the Chop (Read 5638 times)
8bit-ash
Ex Member

Before I take the Chop
05/27/06 at 11:58:24

Ok so I've finally decided to go for 10's for the WO i've semi made. I'm getting a pair of drivers made up by a mate as I was having troubles finding what I wanted from a shop.

Now heres the Question.  Do I chop 2 inches off the height of my cab(panels currently 14") which will make it the correct height for a 10" driver. Or do I use the 14" panels and just make the horn mouth 12".  Thus giving me a bit more volume in the chambers as its only the diddy 24" version.
Only problem I can see is the size difference in the horn itself.

Any help mucho appreciated.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Re: Before I take the Chop
Reply #1 - 05/27/06 at 13:00:01

i'm not pretty sure, but i'd say chop the extra 2". building it as close as possible to the plans is the best option.

IP Logged
Gex
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/27/06 at 22:53:12

I agree
stay as close as you can  if this is your first cab in the WO.

IP Logged
8bit-ash
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/06 at 15:57:26

cool, thats what i've done then..  Its all glued and screwed and awaiting some drivers now.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/28/06 at 16:06:45

tell us again what drivers are you using ?
Quote:
I'm getting a pair of drivers made up by a mate as I was having troubles finding what I wanted from a shop.

IP Logged
8bit-ash
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/29/06 at 10:59:09

I  was having some made up from scratch, Sounds a bit OT but I can get them built for £60 so Its a bargain. The fellas still waiting on a shipment of casts to arrive though.  So for now he's pulling apart a pair of eminence Kappas hes got and putting a new cone and rubber surround and A beefed up 3" voicecoil and motor on.

quick pic-

IP Logged
jj420
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/29/06 at 14:39:49

its already visually appealing, hope those custom drivers work out for ya too...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print