04/29/24 at 11:07:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
cables (Read 9305 times)
david_maritz
Ex Member

cables
04/26/06 at 09:03:59

ok so i build the box and put sum subs in then what the cables where do i run them to i mean i want 1 input for both subs. is that ok?? so how do i run the cables then

IP Logged
AudioNirvana
Ex Member

Re: cables
Reply #1 - 04/26/06 at 13:56:28

Sorry if these pics turn out huge!

Right, this is how i wired mine, its just an idea, but worked really well:

I cut gaps in the bottom of the baffle as you can see, then ran the wire round the very edges and into holes in the top of the triangle.

The gaps my be cut very tight, and you have to block them with something. I used silicon and heavy duty filler in the end, and the gaps are still plugged solid. Also having binding posts makes it so much easier placing the sub, and transporting it.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/03/06 at 14:06:19

Very nice.

I've wanted to build one just because they look so cool, don't "really neeeeed" one. But you know how that goes.  ???

Bob

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/06 at 20:09:43

I would build one in a second if I could find 3/4 inch plexiglass or clear acrylic.   I want to show of the 10s I got so Bad....

IP Logged
DothisClueless
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/06 at 03:54:37

If you have anything BUT a box that is perfectly designed and either has the excact tuning you want or has a beautifully flat curve, then I would recommend building right away. These boxes are so forgiving! I built mine and I made quite a few mistakes and mine still sounds 100 times better than my box prior to this one. Cheesy

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/04/06 at 03:57:37

O, I already have a WO for my car, but I have two Dayton HF that might end up in a 36 x 36 version.  I just really want to see the subs pumping....

IP Logged
AudioNirvana
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/04/06 at 10:37:12

J_Rock take a look at this website: http://www.sdplastics.com/sdplas2.html

They seem to have thick acrylic. Would be awsome to build a see through WO. But you would have to brace it good. What would you cut it with? Ive used acrylic before now, up to 1/4 inch, and you have to cut it really slow to stop it melting by friction heat.

IP Logged
Adrian D.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/04/06 at 12:27:17

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/04/06 at 20:38:33

I found an acrilyic shop nearby my house, and emailed them abotu a quote on a cover sheet for a fullsized WO.  Depending on cost, I may move down to the 36 x 24...

IP Logged
phd5000
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/15/06 at 22:10:31

a 3 x 5 sheet was 150 bux near me........

ebay has good prices on smaller sheets...
so im going to do the frunt side of the sealed chamber & the horn part of the  sealed chamber (the 2 parts that u can see )
i wanted to do the whole top but its too much for me.. so im thinking about doing the top half that way u can see the sealed chamber but not the port side...

IP Logged
breisch1986
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/17/06 at 04:59:52

I like J_rock's idea. ??? Audionirvana, your layout looks very profesional.

IP Logged
AudioNirvana
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/17/06 at 15:08:11

Cheers, i take much pride in my woodworking malarky.  :D

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print