03/19/24 at 06:18:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tweaking/rebuild (Read 5915 times)
dla405j
Ex Member

tweaking/rebuild
04/06/06 at 02:14:01

I have a second-hand zen plate that I would like to improve both its looks and sound.  I'm a newbie with no technical skill nor understanding of all the details of part replacement etc. so I won't be doing any of this myself.  It requires replacement of the top aluminum plate & drilling of the top and a new aluminum body..and some improvement of the gain/balance if possible.  When Eddie V. was still available I asked him about some work but the guy is off on new & better projects and was not the guy to mess with my small project.  I know of a few repair people in my area but none have any experience with decware and I wouldn't trust their ability to do the work that I need.  Is there any custom tweaking available out there??  I'm also not far from Peoria and wondered if anybody local or in the Northern-central Illinois area might be able to do some custom work.  I don't think Steve at Decware does this sort of thing but maybe he knows of some resources...ideas???..I'm not in a big hurry for this and it's not an emergency but I would like to be able to modify/improve my zen plate.

IP Logged
dr._sleep
Ex Member

Re: tweaking/rebuild
Reply #1 - 05/05/06 at 04:40:39

IMO, the limitation of the Z-Plate is it's circuit, a paralleled grounded cathode into a paralleled cathode follower.  Made simple to please the DIY'er with minimal experience. If I were to rebuild the plate, I would convert it to the Aikido circuit.  You can read more about this circuit at www.tubecad.com

If you have any questions, PM me.

dr_sleep

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print