03/29/24 at 10:33:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Step #1 HWK plans (Read 6116 times)
Bob
Ex Member

Step #1 HWK plans
01/17/06 at 12:00:46

Hello all, just wanted to join the gang.

I've read MOST of the posts here reguarding the HWK and have many questions answered. Still have quite a few but will wait for the appropriate time in my assembly phase to ask them. I hope this isn't a sign of the long road ahead, but I ran into a brick wall on step #1; can't find where to get / purchace plans for the enclosure. Have been to Decwares main site, and e-mailed, but no luck, no response. Can anybody direct me? Which brings me to my first question of the building process.
The HWK will be used 98% for home theater. Considering the same cost, would 3-4 smaller drivers be the same, better, worse than one larger one? (To acheive the 'punch' in the chest, drywall cracking bass when something on the screen goes BOOM?)

Bob

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: Step #1 HWK plans
Reply #1 - 01/17/06 at 12:37:19

Site Menu / Speakers / HouseWrecker / Get Plans / Go here to get a Redemption Number... / Click your choice of payment options.

You're there. I recommend the full set of plans in one purchase. It's a great bargain, unless this is the only cabinet you'll ever build.

I wouldn't go with small drivers for big bass. I like 15"ers for bass. They are lazy most of the time, barely moving, but then when the time comes, they are effortlessly powerful. You can put up to 4 drivers in a HWK15.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/17/06 at 14:04:46

Thanks DirtDawg

Found the info, bought the plans. I'm well on my way.

Thinking Shiva's 15".  Not crazy about $200  each, since I would like to have multiple drivers. Starting to get out of my $ range.  Anyone having a better idea would be fantastic. (still staying in the 15" range, seems to be the popular idea.)

Bob

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/17/06 at 15:00:16

These Daytons are used for HT all over the place:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-190

Just look on partsexpress.com there, they have a huge selection.

IP Logged
Bob
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/17/06 at 15:46:35

Thanks J_Rock

Very nice looking Dayton at half price of the Shiva.

Bob

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/17/06 at 21:28:17

[quote author=Bob  link=1137502846/0#2 date=1137506686]Thanks DirtDawg

Found the info, bought the plans. I'm well on my way.

Thinking Shiva's 15".  Not crazy about $200  each, since I would like to have multiple drivers. Starting to get out of my $ range.  Anyone having a better idea would be fantastic. (still staying in the 15" range, seems to be the popular idea.)

Bob

[/quote]
start with 2 drivers, if you build it right and use a good x over and  amp i doubt you will need 4.i think its been well established that iso loading only 'really' helps with cheap@ss drivers, use 2 good ones (the daytons) or pick up a couple of old jbls from e bay (like i did).there is many many good 15s out there cheap on the www.i have been useing the dayton 10 in my wo32 for well over a year, not 1 problem and excellent performance for a $60 driver.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print