05/02/24 at 04:54:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
single vs iso db10 (Read 5694 times)
jodynugent
Ex Member

single vs iso db10
12/21/05 at 22:24:41

Just wondering if anyone else has tried an iso db 10 and what the results were?

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Re: single vs iso db10
Reply #1 - 12/21/05 at 23:09:35

[quote author=jodynugent  link=1135207481/0#0 date=1135203881]Just wondering if anyone else has tried an iso db 10 and what the results were?
[/quote]

are you teds daughter?

IP Logged
boydon_lepasci
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/22/05 at 01:12:20

[quote author=60ndown  link=1135207481/0#1 date=1135206575]

are you teds daughter? [/quote]

I have known at least two people named Jody that were not anyone's daughter.

And yes, because the cheap drivers I used had such a high VAS I went iso on my DB10. It was built as a graduation present, but even the short test on my home stereo with no crossover turned some heads.

IP Logged
jodynugent
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/22/05 at 14:05:01

Damn ... how hard is it to check someone's profile and look under the little section called "gender"??  Thanks b.l. ... as a matter of fact I do have an outie, not an innie. (and I ain't talkin' bout belly buttons either!)

and 60, yes Grin I am related to Theo, distant cousin, but related all the same.

I'm waiting on the glue on the box of my dbk12 to dry and have already assembled the insert for my dbk10.

I'll be testing each in my truck and then retune for the "mate's" car to see which complements the existing the most.  ...  the single 10 (sealed/downfire/trunk) in her car hasn't made her happy since she heard my 2-12's (sealed/forwardfire/who needs a backseat in an extended cab fullsize truck?) ...

IP Logged
jj420
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/29/05 at 21:33:27

the simplest way to decide if iso is bettter for you or not is to ask the question of tastes...

iso loading is less efficient, similarly loud, with lower bass response and less distortion.  With iso loading Vas get halved and as such the apparent volumes of any chambers seem to double, this lowers extension.  Of course, a second driver requires a second channel of amplification, roughly halving efficiency.  The force of both motors pushing on both cones is more stable and the drivers will each be able to handle more power because of that, also, any irregularities between the travel of the two cones will be averaged and become almost non-existent, resulting in a more accurate sound.

I have an iso loaded HWK8, wired in push pull, its loud as heck, and i run waaaaaay past the rated power on the drivers im using with minimal distortion.  On the other hand, hooked up in push-push its relatively quiet, but soooooo niiiice and clean.

In short, if your mate has golden ears and could tell the difference on her program material, then the extra cost might be justified, on the other hand, she may never be disappointed with only a single driver.  Iso loading is NOT louder, just lower and cleaner, and less efficient.

hope that clears it up a little jody

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print