04/29/24 at 16:57:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Delta 12LF's (Read 1089 times)
djeddie
Ex Member

Delta 12LF's
12/11/05 at 15:59:29

Has anyone tried the WO with Eminence Delta 12LF drivers, either for home, car or PA use? I've got a pair that came to me incredibly cheap and I'm debating on what cab to put them in.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Eddie

IP Logged
bnew63
Ex Member

Re: Delta 12LF's
Reply #1 - 12/12/05 at 02:25:16

I used a pair of 12 inch eminence drivers that I bought from Parts express (they were a buy out item so the model # wasn't provided.
They sound great and go deep.Just angle the baffle and add two inches to the design.After biulding four WO's I've found that you don't need a massive x-max to get good bass.The LF's have close to the same specs as the eminence drivers I used so they should work fine. Grin The only thing that needs adjusting is the amount of polyfil.Fill to your tastes
             Brian

IP Logged
djeddie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/12/05 at 21:21:08

Thanks for the reply Brian, I'm gonne give a try in the new year... I just hope i get a desk saw for christmas!

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/12/05 at 21:52:22

[quote author=djeddie  link=1134320369/0#2 date=1134422468]Thanks for the reply Brian, I'm gonne give a try in the new year... I just hope i get a desk saw for christmas! [/quote]
get something like this, its a much better tool to own than a table saw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skill-Saw-small-but-powerful_W0QQitemZ7570824325QQcategoryZ4...

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/13/05 at 00:51:24

I don't know bout that 60! Table saw is prolly the best piece of equipment I own.  I use it for absoluetly everything.   A table saw and a miter box are all I need to build anything without molding or raised panels...

IP Logged
BigAir
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/13/05 at 22:12:32

Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw. Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw. Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw. Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.  Table Saw.

IP Logged
Braggi
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/16/05 at 22:03:35

Table saw is good, but mine is kinda small. It's very awkward handling a full sheet on it.

I got one of these Eurekazone panel saw thingies for making the long cuts in full sheets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/eurekazone-panel-radial-arm-table-saw-jointer_W0QQitemZ75733...

IP Logged
gekster
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/17/05 at 04:59:16

Let me guess 60
you don't have a table saw. You do pretty good work with a skil saw, just think of what you could do with a table saw.

The motor on mine went last week and I am lost without it.
I like jigs too. I have a rail guide for large sheets and extentions on my table saw.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/17/05 at 12:38:45

[quote author=gekster  link=1134320369/0#7 date=1134795556]Let me guess 60
you don't have a table saw. You do pretty good work with a skil saw, just think of what you could do with a table saw.

The motor on mine went last week and I am lost without it.
I like jigs too. I have a rail guide for large sheets and extentions on my table saw.   [/quote]

been doing construction for 25 years, cant think of anything i could do with a table saw that i cant with a skill?

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/17/05 at 16:19:26

[quote author=60ndown  link=1134320369/0#8 date=1134823125]

been doing construction for 25 years, cant think of anything i could do with a table saw that i cant with a skill? [/quote]
I have to agree with you, to an extent. There is so much construction around here it boggles the mind. Where does all the money come from? I never see a table saw setup, anywhere. Portable chop saws or miter saws are very common.

The main difference in what they are doing and what I want to do is that they rarely cut large flat panels. The days of custom built-in cabinets in your home is gone forever. For mostly cutting boards to length a table saw is just more stuff to carry and setup and every cut is usually a "custom" length, anyway. At one point, when I built a lot of horn cabinets I had 2 table saws, a router table, a joiner, a table sander, and for full sheets a wall mounted panel saw like you see Home Depot using to precut plywood for you. [Buying that expensive toy was a mistake.] I was all set to punch some cabs out in the back corner of my dad's shop and I did build many identical cabinets.

The main thing I used the table saws for was when I needed to make many repeat cuts all identical. It is the best thing you can get for that. The wall saw was not really accurate enough to do repeat cuts, even after spending all day adjusting runout, squaring movements, and tightening all joints, a total nightmare. They just won't stay in adjustment for very long.

If I'm getting ready to make 1 or 2 sets of cabinets I would much rather have a good quality hand saw and a panel (square cutting) jig and spend the money on better cabinet materials. If I had money to burn (again), space to fill up (again), and more time to build stuff (again), a heavy duty industrial table saw, not a hobbyist or home owner type (like one of mine was), would be the first new tool I would buy, but double the cost because I would get all the accessories that you need to make it an all round useful tool.
Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/17/05 at 17:40:09

The heavy Industrial Table Saw is King!  

We ahd one at school that was fricken sweet.  Made in Minnesota it had to weigh 2 tons.  Its funny because the saw actually sank the foundation of the 12 year old school since it been there.  it was originally level and the floor now slops towards the saw gradually.

IP Logged
60ndown
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/17/05 at 19:14:45

[quote author=60ndown  link=1134320369/0#8 date=1134823125]

been doing construction for 25 years, cant think of anything i could do with a table saw that i cant with a skill? [/quote]

eerrr....... except lots of exact repeat cuts .......quickly  ;)

IP Logged
lunarlab
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/17/05 at 21:35:20

I use my skillsaw to the enth degree.....but when I have a repeat cut or angle cut I use the tablesaw.  I have a cheap King tools saw with the 58 inch rip fence.  It has made my life so much easyer as I am building so many cabinets.  I would hate to mark the same cut over and over for each piece.  The time it takes to make a jig or set the angle on my skillsaw....:'( My new fence saves more time than I thought it could and cranking out multiples of the same cut is a brease....

IP Logged
J_Rock
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/18/05 at 05:52:12

I hardly use a skill saw at all, its not that I don't know how, I built forms for cement with an 8 inch skillsaw for years.  Its just that a table saw and sliding chop saw are all I ever need to do finish cuts.  If I ever have to do repeat cuts, well, then its off to the CNC router and drop in a sheet. Tadah! Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom.

IP Logged
hannes
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/18/05 at 15:56:53

Damn,

you guys make me jealous for sure! All I do currently have is
an "entry level" jigsaw and a wood market that will randomly
deviate for several millimeters from my specs when I ask them
to cut the wood for me.

Maybe I should start making enclosures from cardboard as with that super-mini WO posted here some weeks ago Smiley

Bye,
 Hannes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print