Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
06/16/24 at 02:10:11 

Most recent 50 posts

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quality and manufacturer of Decware branded tubes? (Read 197 times)
thevinoman

Quality and manufacturer of Decware branded tubes?
05/22/24 at 22:40:35

How is the quality of the Decware branded EL-34 and 5U4G tubes that ship with the amps?  Anyone know the manufacturer?  Just received my Rachel today (34I.5), and wondering how the tubes stack up to other makes.  Thanks for any help.

IP Logged
Hearafter

“In Tubes We Trust”

Re: Quality and manufacturer of Decware branded tubes?
Reply #1 - 05/23/24 at 02:15:23

I received the Decware EL 34 with my Torii Jr and they are a very nice sounding tube.  They look identical to Psvane El 34 with Red labeling.  You can do better but it will cost you a tidy sum. I like Gold Lion KT77’s , NOS Mullard Xf2 El 34’s, and recently enjoy 5933/807’s with adapter plug and top cap.  The rectifier I remember hearing Steve say these are ok but to buy some NOS rectifier tubes.  They are much better and use his as a backup.  Decware ‘s are made by Linlai is what I have been told.  Enjoy your Rachel and tube hunting.

Torii Jr V2
Supratek Cabernet Pre
Lab 12 DAC1 Reference
Bricasti M5 Network Streamer
Ohm Walsh Tall 2000
Too many Tweaks
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Re: Quality and manufacturer of Decware branded tubes?
Reply #2 - 05/23/24 at 15:41:58

Currently using a 1951 Zenith 5u4G. It has a bottom D getter and the glass and pins etc are spotless. Tube base yellow branding etc just like new. I have the original Decware branded 5u4g stored in box to keep. As posted above, I believe it is a Linlai tube.  A NOS rectifier was recommended to have on hand. I have a couple of other rectifiers I purchased (NOS), but I am all good with this Zenith. (may be manu by RCA) And was a cheap one at 14 dollars. Meters still read exactly as they were when we received and plugged in the zen first time~ Still playing almost every evening since new. Love it!!  Take care~Mike  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print