Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/13/24 at 02:26:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4 outlet distributor box (Read 191 times)
Sean
Seasoned Member

4 outlet distributor box
04/28/24 at 17:11:51

Will recommended this for my SDFB setup and it arrived yesterday. I know there are more elegant and much more expensive options. After searching a bit I decided $40 is worth just the chassis alone, other empty chassis were double that so I went for it. I've been dying to see what's under the cover. This has been a life long thing with me, I NEED to know what's inside. so here we go...

Yes, that's a thin sheet of cardboard in there.

I have a few thoughts about this box, curious what others think, leave it alone or upgrades?

The plan for this is to have a SDFB and piggy between this and the wall. Then UFO, CSP, ZP# into this box.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: 4 outlet distributor box
Reply #1 - 04/28/24 at 17:46:13

That wire looks more like dental floss than power cable. That jumps out at me as a first priority for easy upgrade.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/28/24 at 17:50:44

The outlets look like they have good copper connections... have to check the sound, but I think I recall this one may have claimed to be real red copper that is plated for the receptacle plugs, and many inexpensive Chinese made receptacles do use decent copper it seems. What about the IEC inlet... Furutech copy or plain nickel plate??? Looks like it is probably plate, but if gold plated, guessing it might use some decent copper under too. The heavy Aluminum case is your friend for shielding. And are those silver plate wires? If silver plate (even if perhaps small, short runs of good wire can sound pretty good), I would try it as is for sure, especially if the IEC appears to be optimized. If not, I would start with a nicer IEC, like Viborg Furutech copy or similar. But I am usually a one-thing-at-a-time guy, wanting to hear what things do before making changes.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #3 - 04/28/24 at 17:54:11

Yeah, it might be a bit obsessive but I also hate that hot, neutral and ground are the same color.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Audeze LCD-XC
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/28/24 at 18:19:52

I like to do "home run" wires on these things... three good wires to each receptacle...

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/28/24 at 23:27:28

The wire looks to be silver, very similar to wire I've found inside Jolida amps I've had. My first impression on the wire was not good, but I'm going to let it ride as is for now and see. Changing it isn't tough if it needs it. Definitely needs color coded without a doubt. Somewhere around here my wife has craft tape or even sharpies.

The IEC looks to be generic. Easy to swap that out.

The outlets do grab plugs quite nice. The orange plastic looks and feels very generic. However, the metal that I can see inside and out looks very good.

For now, I'm going to double check all contact points and button it back up. Hope it gets some use Tuesday night.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print