Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 05:01:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 Years, 15 days, DELIVERED (Read 615 times)
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

2 Years, 15 days, DELIVERED
04/21/24 at 19:47:27

A lot has happened since I placed my Decware order, namely, the passing of my father. He was super excited when I ordered all my gear, as he's the one who turned me onto the audiophile scene when I was but a wee lad. He couldn't wait to hear the SET sound, alas, he died of pancreatic cancer a few months after placing my order.

I kept a tally of how my list experience went through the years, and I'll post it here for reference. I've yet to open my gear, and won't do so until I acquire the rest of my components. My current rig isn't right for the SET gear, so high efficiency horn speakers and a few pieces on my restored TD-124 will slowly be acquired as the money comes in. Here's what I've got in my order:

All upgrades ordered that were offered

Zrock 2
Zen Line Conditioner
CSP 325
ZP3
Decware 300B
Zstyx cables
DHC2 power cables
Zstylx power cables
DSR3 audio connects

It feels good to have the gear here! Just wish I had the rest of my components ready to go. Oh well, I'm all about the slow burn.

IMG_3836.jpeg
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: 2 Years, 15 days, DELIVERED
Reply #1 - 04/21/24 at 20:25:02

Bluemage,

Having read your post, I wanted to congratulate you on your audio system and that what you have built stands a memorial to your father. I can imagine that you will bring his memory with you for many hours of listening.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 04/21/24 at 20:41:43

I lost my father shortly after you did, and he introduced me to both music and audio. . . I miss him every day. Your system is going to sound so good when it is all together!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/21/24 at 20:48:40

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. When I fire it up for the first time, I’ll break out my UHQR Steely Dan albums and play them loudly in honor of my old man. I’m having a custom table built to house all the gear, and I can’t wait to get it all together. I look forward to many years of sonic bliss!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/21/24 at 21:48:04

Congrats on this milestone Bluemage!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/21/24 at 22:30:29

You'll be thinking of your Dad a lot during music sessions. And so many other things that just hit ya. I am so sorry. Play some for him too. Always~  Mike

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/21/24 at 23:20:15

I’m sorry for your loss. To be positive, life is short, break out that gear. You’ll be surprised how good it sounds with any source and any speakers.

You’ll only appreciate it that much more as you purchase your upgrades.

IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/22/24 at 01:21:44

Thanks a lot for the kind comments, everyone!

Yeah, I really want to break out the gear. But if I’ve waited this long, I may as well extend it another 6 months and get everything as intended for my endgame rig! In the meantime, my Sherwood tube amp, my Pro-ject TT with Sumiko Blue Point cart, and vintage Norman laboratories model 10 speakers will keep me going!

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 04/22/24 at 01:49:38

My condolences on the passing of your father.  You have a great lineup of gear, and I’m sure it will be a very special and emotional time when you fire the system for the first time.  It’s great that your dad introduced you to the audiophile scene, and that you got to share that experience together.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Sai

Reply #9 - 04/22/24 at 15:31:50

My condolences to you and the family. Just wanted to echo the sentiments of the others. I’m sure your system will sound great and your old man will be proud of the new system!

Enjoy the listening and make new memories in honor of your father!

Good luck with the rest of the rig!

Zu Soul Supreme V, Torii MKV 25th Anniversary Mods, Rogue Audio RP7, Aurender N100H, Denafrips Ares II, Nottingham Space 294 w. Shelter Harmony MC, AllNic H-1202 Phono
  IP Logged
mrchipster
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 04/22/24 at 18:58:12

Bluemage,

That Decware system will be quite the homage to your dad!

I'm sure you'll be smiling every time you listen knowing that your dad is there in spirit.

My condolences.

SE84UFO25 - CSP3 (A-mods)
ZROCK2 (A-mods) - ZBIT
Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (ModWright)
Cambridge Audio CXC
Zu Audio Soul Supremes
VIABLUE IC's & Spkr cables ; DSR3 IC's
Audio-Technica TT
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 04/22/24 at 19:24:50

Thanks again, folks, the sentiments are much appreciated! And yes, the old man's spirit is with me every time I sit down to listen to records. Although, I wasn't able to listen to SD's Gaucho for a good year after he died. That first spin was a rough one.

My first order of business is to save up for a matched set of WE 300B, then I'll continue on with my speaker/cart fund. I was hoping to score a Koetsu, but hearing that the owner died and that no more will be made, has me rethinking the whole thing. I'll be mating the cart to a Groovemaster III tonearm, and might end up going with a higher end Ortofon SPU.

For speakers, I was considering going with LaScala AL5s, but speaking with MK60 and his issue with humming, I might opt for a bit less sensitivity and go with Cornwall IVs. Not to mention, that I'd be saving up for a much shorter time. That said, I'd probably have speakers already, had I not got distracted half way in and indulged in another analog pleasure: a new Leica MP (35mm film camera). In the end it was worth it, as lots of time in the darkroom helped keep me from worrying about Decware's long list too much!

As the ADOX motto goes, the best things in life are analog!

leica.jpg
  IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 04/22/24 at 19:26:56

And Leica cameras are kind of like Decware amps, in that you can't have a fine amplifier (camera) without an exquisite pair of speakers (German glass) to compliment the artistry.

leica_2.jpg
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 04/22/24 at 22:53:16

My condolences as well, recently lost both parents 23 hrs apart.

You mentioned Koetsu carts, have you ever looked at Phasemation carts? It’s on my radar but not right now. In my reading the Koetsu comes up as an equal comparison. Buying one from a US outlet is costly, direct from Japan cuts the cost significantly.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #14 - 04/23/24 at 01:23:10

slow burn! I love it!

IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #15 - 04/23/24 at 01:36:55

This must be a crazy rush! Up, down, AND side to side. It seems, from here, that you have a handle on it, though. Your finalized system will be end game worthy for sure. I am looking forward to following along! Congrats!

IP Logged
Bluemage
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 04/23/24 at 17:08:16

Thank you first watt life and Sean! Yeah, the slow burn has always been my thing. Suffer up front for a large payoff later on!

Sean, 2 parents in one day? Man, what a blow; I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sorry to hear of all in this thread who have lost parents. On a lighter note, I indeed had not heard of Phasemation carts, but you sent me down the rabbit hole last night! That PP-200 sounds very appealing! And for a killer price, when purchased from a Japanese based dealer. This might be the route I end up going.

When I heard about Koetsu going under, I looked at Kiseki Purple Heart, but at those prices, when you can even find one, the PP-200 might be the better option. I appreciate you putting them on my radar!

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 04/26/24 at 17:57:04

Posting now that this original post has been up a bit longer: This getting older bit can SUCK. Another rather large stroke right in the middle of our wait. That was the second of what we actually think were three over the last few years. (A neck injury caused dissection/scarring and ignored for many years.) It is why I stalled on the order in the first place. Was hoping it would not have happened again. Took a couple of months to speak much at all. And more recently, writing/typing has slowly come around some. Takes a long time to even type this. I'm so Blessed regardless..LUCKY too. But I do get irritated at myself pretty often, because I can do better. Also, losing people we care for and love so often now. Don't forget to tell your people how much they mean. A bit more often. More important than anything....... I hope the very best for everyone. Build Back Better~  Mike    ~My sense of humor is NOT dead yet either though...    ;)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print