04/28/24 at 05:58:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Annual reset! (Read 360 times)
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Annual reset!
03/16/24 at 20:20:50

Im sure most of us strip down our setup, clean, adjust, rearrange perhaps on occasion. It has become a annual thing for me. This year changed little, tweaked my racks back about 5” back and adjusted speakers a tick. In conjunction with my second DW balanced cables (Pontus to ARC to UFO). Ran my Tellurium break in file and now some Boney James to start……All I can say is there is no way I will ever let go of my UFO, it is fabulous. The ARC and UFO combo sound great along with the Omegas or Klipcsh (alternate a couple months at at time). Sure I could upgrade and improve on some of my sources, DAC but Im out of (my wifes patience) with spending more on my hobby. Little things I will do, maybe the swiss box? So much joy has been derived from this hobbly for me and can be by anyone regardless of the level you can achieve, as long as the music is your passion.

Cheers to all, Randall

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Annual reset!
Reply #1 - 03/16/24 at 22:02:51

Aaahhhaaaaaaa, after Boney, little John Mayer, next Steely Dan Aja, now some good ole Bobby Blue Bland. I like my tunes sonically in the 70-90 db range, according to my phone app, can push to upper 90’s but have some tinnitus so avoid +90d b average. My UFO handles all of this with aplomb. Thanks Steve!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/18/24 at 16:39:33

Fantastic Randall! and you made me almost spill my coffee (boney little John Mayer) LOL!! We have a concert blu ray of his with great music, just cannot 'watch' him..hehe...Also we watched him at an interview once. very into himself.. a bit much. As far as the UFO, yup. a KEEPER for sure! We had it going again last-night well into the night. More than enough volume on our Klipsch speakers. Could draw blood from the ears if we get too carried away with the volume control. But, at least it would be loud, clean sound blood~ Ours is using a bdp 103 as the only source and it is working out so well. we've played all forms of discs through it, (including sacd, dvda, blu ray etc).. as well as flac files from usb thumb drives and a usb hard drive. We did look into a couple of dacs before the ufo arrived, but, we have heard the internal dac in the Oppo isn't too shabby anyway. Sounds great to us as is! We've achieved the level that we can! We are fortunate~ even though money is tight now. Need to watch for life's speed bumps, cant afford any more mess-ups now at all. But we're in business.. and another gorgeous day in the foothills.. Love your write up!! And your setup looks great! All the best to you and yours~  Mike  ...and yes! A big thank you to all at Decware, ~as well as folks here too! Smiley 'We're really exploring the space' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsQLlk-T0s

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/22/24 at 12:15:06

Good to hear Mike! I rotate my Klipsch as well and love em, ya the Mayerust a CD I have dont know anything about him, as is typical about most. Into the music not the personalities particularly. Enjoy! Randall

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/22/24 at 16:01:24

Oh man..sure agree with that! Too much attention and stardom (maybe a bit of coke too ...stick with Pepsi) Smiley) does 'things' sometimes to some. I am positive that we own many recordings that we have purchased over the years where the artists have decided to insult at least half of their audience. Not the best business decisions. We haven't threw any music away yet though. And we've definitely been insulted. Cheesy Something we all have in common....the love of  MUSIC.    All the best Randall~ Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print