Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 07:16:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84CKC paired with ZP3 (Read 170 times)
Mulenut
Verified Member

Fly too high and the
wax will melt......

SE84CKC paired with ZP3
03/08/24 at 20:55:53

Hi everyone. After a long wait, I have decided to purchase the ZP3 and will be pairing it with my SE84CKC. Anyone have this combo and insight of the sound of the pairing?? Plenty of time for discussion as the build sheet is long  ;D

Decware SE84CKC, Decware DM945, Decware ZSTYX, Decware studio grade interconnects, PRO-JECT Debut Carbon TT, Pro-Ject Tube Box
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Re: SE84CKC paired with ZP3
Reply #1 - 03/08/24 at 21:45:28

You wouldn’t happen to be a Govt Mule nut, would you?

Best advice I can give you is put a preamp between the ZP3 and SE84. I ran my ZP3 straight into a SE84C-EX and then got a SE84UFO and ran the ZP3 straight into that. It worked fine and was enjoyable. For some hot mixes or brickwalled recordings, I felt the ZP3 outputted too much signal for the input on the amp. Once I added a CSP2+ between them everything came together with a vastly improved sound. You just get such better control of the signal you’re amplifying with the pre in between.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
The other Lon

Re: SE84CKC paired with ZP3
Reply #2 - 03/16/24 at 23:22:07

Soon Mulenut. I’ll let you know my impressions. I’m about 4-5 weeks out from receiving my Torii MK V and ZP3. Plan on running the ZP3 for the first week with my CKC Select and CSP3 and then replacing those with the Torii. Just finding it harder and harder to wait as it gets  closer.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print