Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 15:15:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
High test point voltages (Read 254 times)
Gilf
Seasoned Member

High test point voltages
03/03/24 at 17:01:13

I completed another zkit1 build today. Doing the test point voltages I’m getting 438v right at test point A? Faulty capacitor?

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: High test point voltages
Reply #1 - 03/03/24 at 19:52:38

It was a false alarm. I realized I did not have a volume control installed on this unit so I think (?) my voltages would be slightly higher since it’s running wide open.
There’s a double happy ending here. In reviewing the schematic over and over, double checking everything, I realized I was plagued by the 2019 schematic again instead of using the 2021 version. I had incorrectly wired the output transformer to pins 6 and 8 instead 7 and 9. Fired it up and …. Beautiful!
What will I build next?  :D

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/03/24 at 21:05:01

The boys had fun with a torch and dremel when we made the case for this one. Point to point wired, KLEI RCA’s, WBT outputs, Miflex KPCU caps, anniversary mods, CCE mods, Cryotone ECC88 and 6PN1P.  WBT silver solder and silver hookup wire throughout.  Furutech plug. This little box is stacked!  8-)

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/04/24 at 03:22:01

Love it, one of a kind. I noticed the Belden speaker wires, is that your go to wire? I use it in my system and like it, I use one set black and orange each for both pos and neg.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/24 at 11:32:41

Thanks, Sean. These kids are crazy about “melting metal” (soldering). I can see them graduating to a welder in a couple years.
That Belden wire is just my go-to for “throw it together and see if it works”. I did use it for about 20 years- good speaker wire. My wife has a UFO in her office system and I still use a triple braid of it with that. I found a profound improvement going from one strand to three when paired with that 2 watt amp. I use Decware ZStyx in my main system. I honestly haven’t done a lot of A/B with the zstyx. Once I got them I was happy with them. Interesting idea you share about using one black/orange for each +/- leg. I’ll have to make up a set and try it out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print