Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 15:52:27 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audioquest DM-1000 Moving Coil Cartridge Demagneti (Read 190 times)
Alfalover

Audioquest DM-1000 Moving Coil Cartridge Demagneti
02/09/24 at 15:58:25

$99.00 plus $10.40 shipping in CONUS

From my personal system, I am the original owner, Non-smoking environment. No issues, everything works and sounds great, as new.

Bid with confidence. I have 100% Positive feedback on Audiogon and eBay Username: Alfa_lover or Alfalover.

Shipping in CONUS only is only $10.40, If you use PayPal then add 3.5% to the purchase price or use F&F or venmo at no charge.

The AUDIOQUEST DM-1000 cartridge demagnetizer does a good job of eliminating the magnetic buildup on the core material of MC and MM cartridges. The magnetic buildup is noticed as a tired lackluster sound from your vinyl system in as little as 50 or 100 hours.

After using the demagnetizer the sound is smoother, more open and has more three dimensionality.

Stereophile forum: “Good Grief!! What a difference. I'd been noticing the music seemingly getting blurred, but that got cured big time. The sound is cleaner, crisper and extended.”

WHY DEMAGNETIZE

Most phono cartridges use “soft” magnetic materials as in the permeable cores of MC cartridges as well as the pole-pieces of MM cartridges. To deliver optimum performance, the core should remain in a magnetically amorphous state possessing no residual magnetization at all.

However, with use, the permeable core material become slightly magnetized. When playing an LP, the cartridge is able to respond to large movements of the stylus tip but cannot faithfully track subtle and nuanced musical passages and high frequencies - like a veil has crept up on the music.

The DM-1000 eliminate these veils recovering the dynamics, nuance and emotion of you favourite LPs.

HOW

The DM-1000 generates a gradually decaying pure sine wave high frequency signal which (a) Properly re-orient the core according to the magnetic fields of the MC cartridge, and (b) Demagnetize the pole pieces of those MM cartridges which allow the stylus assembly to be removed.

USE

The DM-1000 should be used once a week or every 50-100 hours of playing time. Just plug the tonearm or phono cable into the RCA jack of the DM-1000 and turn on for 5 seconds to saturate the core of the MC cartridge or the pole-pieces of the MM cartridge with high frequency. The demagnetizing signal will taper off in about 15-20 sec and your’re done. This can be repeated a few times but is not necessary.

A comparable product is the Aestehtix ABCD-1 Cartridge Demagnetizer US$199

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print