Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/02/24 at 17:38:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Initial impressions with Klipsch, Oppo, and Zen (Read 858 times)
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Initial impressions with Klipsch, Oppo, and Zen
01/31/24 at 17:30:51

Just an impression from yesterdays arrival and first listen. I ordered my SE84UFO2.1 the end of Nov, 2021. My wife told me to place the order, and after my stalling several times, she said she's just going to order it anyway then. So I did. We've been married since teenagers.. poor girl. 42 years now. Friends since 11 year old. Still my baby. anyway.. ~It arrived double boxed and packed with care. Outstanding. Kathy helped me set it all up (my left side is gimped) so she's my left hand gal Smiley The amp is hooked up to an Oppo BDP-103 as the only source (for now) and 1998  (96 models. last year manu) Klipsch ChorusII speakers. I have read a hundred times how things 'burn in' and even get better sounding as amp is settling in. Well, If more of that burn in makes this little amp even better, I cannot imagine much more than it already sounds. We played several cd's last night and probably should have watched the time. Snuck up on us. Played the entire cd of Simon and Garfunkles greatest hits, then several songs from Dire straits, several songs from Supertramp sacd and a blu ray. And single songs off several more discs, including Kansas. I set the volume at about 3 o'clock and used the Oppo volume control as needed and it worked perfectly fine. Didn't really need it much anyway. By the way-PLENTY of volume out of this setup. Amazing. I am not going to try to describe the sound as it would sound much like the reviewers have already said. We both heard things we hadn't noticed before on many of the songs last night. And the songs played we knew very well over so many years. Well, we thought we did I guess. Better recordings make a huge difference as we all know, this thing makes those better ones nuts! I also wanted to thank Veronica as I did call her a couple times, she answered my questions and took care of business. I have some trouble talking sometimes and she was wonderful. Thank you Mr. Deckert and all staff as well. Pure quality in all regards. I'll check back in in a month or so.. Please excuse my typing etc, getting off the pc now. Practice typing session is over. ~~~So happy!!! All the best~ Mike

IP Logged
Tone-Deaf
Seasoned Member

Re: Initial impressions with Klipsch, Oppo, and Zen
Reply #1 - 01/31/24 at 18:48:38

Hello, Mike.  Glad you finally have your amp, and are enjoying it right out of the box.  I wanted to echo your comment that I have heard lots of things in recordings I know with my Decware amp that I never heard before.  If I had to boil down what I think of my Decware amp, it would be that I get to hear new things in recordings I have heard many times before.  

Again, glad that your wait is over, and you now get to enjoy the music!

IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #2 - 01/31/24 at 19:03:28

Mike, glad the wait is finally over! I can relate to the time warp Decware gear causes with late night listening. Music just sounds too beautiful to turn off sometimes!

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
chapsjon
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/24 at 00:15:47

Congrats Mike! I ordered my SE84 shortly before you and have been enjoying it immensely since its arrival. As you say, these 2.3w amps play with more volume and authority than you'd think they have a right to.

Thanks for sharing a little about you and your wife enjoying it together. That really resonated with me as life and loves shared make all it so much more fulfilling and enjoyable.

Believe it or not, your amp will sound even better as you continue to enjoy.

LR:Mini Torii+Wright WPP100 phono, CSP2+SE84UFO, Pioneer Exclusive M4, Accuphase E-303,Graham Slee Jazz Club, Technics SL-1200MK3D Grace F-8 & Nagaoka MP-110, Yamaha NS-1000M, KEF Reference 101, Sony SS-5050
BR: SE84C+, ZP1 phono, Decware 945
JVC QL-7 Shure V15
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/10/24 at 06:47:48

Loved Loved Loved your initial impressions Mike—it had that deep penetrating your soul vibe to it. Be well and enjoy your amp!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/01/24 at 16:02:43

Well, it's been over two months now and still going strong. We did have a hiccup with a rectifier, but was no big deal at all as I had the pleasure to speak with Steve and Sarah over the phone. Anyone on the fence ordering from Decware needs to know that these people at Decware are absolutely awesome! Nicest people and they made our day. I got a phone call at what I figured was their quitting time. Told Steve he needed to get out of there and eat some dinner. He was not having any of that and we talked even more..I could talk to this man all day. Also his Daughter, Sarah, a sweetheart. Comes with the territory. Proud to own one of their amps and proud of them too. The 'hiccup' was dealt with in record time.
We have been going through our music collections and we've not even touched the surface of the physical discs we have stored all over the inside of our home. Not to mention flak files in usb drives and hard drives. I think all of our cabinets, tables, drawers, shelves and closets have music stacked on and inside them. We've run out of room. Collecting since about 1985. Love it!

I did get all the back-up tubes ordered just in case so we're all good now. Also, do NOT drop a tube from any distance onto a wood table. I was test driving replacements and dropped an input tube from about 2 inches onto the counter. POOF! Blew that 5 amp rectifier fuse and the input tube. Luckily, that order came with two tubes so the second one worked great....didn't drop it~ What a clod. Have all replacement tubes stored away now. All the red topped originals are in the amp. We've ran this amp almost every evening since new. We still constantly run into songs we haven't heard in so long and hearing things we have not heard before hidden inside the music. Not hiding at all anymore! This is a blast! Back to what I had said before, reviews have all said it already, but we truly love the sound that this puts out. amazement with every single session.

All the very best to Decware and family. You cannot do better anywhere~
God Bless~ Mike & Kathy

_MG_5173334.jpg
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 04/01/24 at 21:50:50

That's so awesome Mike! I like to say Decware is more than worth the wait and worth much more than the cost. That is true for the gear and goes double for the people.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print