Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 18:16:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
voltage regulator valves (Read 358 times)
Rensselaer
Verified Member

voltage regulator valves
01/24/24 at 13:20:04

I am wondering if anyone can tell me how each voltage regulator set (OC2, OB2, OA2) will affect the final sound of the Sarah (SEWE300B), and if the purchaser can order a set of all three to try out for themselves?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: voltage regulator valves
Reply #1 - 01/24/24 at 13:25:02

Ren, I find the effects to depend so much on the power coming into the amp, the power cord, and the entire tube complement that it is hard to make a general statement. In the SEWE300B I rotated the three different tube types and different brands of the tube types, and decided for MY system using three 75C1 (which is a variant of the OC2, a shorter tube with a dark lining) to be the best--it gave the most power as well as a focus that was not hard or sharp, or too soft. When I had the SE84UFO3 monoblocks I found 0D3 to work best for the output tubes and 75C1 for the input tubes. Others made other choices.

You could make a query to Sarah or Veronica to see whether they could sell you three tube types in sets, or I have always easily found examples on ebay.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 01/24/24 at 17:43:43

Lon….just ordered three Phillips 75C1 tubes from eBay out if curiosity to try in my Torii.  They should be here by the end of February….coming from Serbia.  I was looking to refresh my OC2 tubes anyway, so I’d figured I would give them a try.    Do you have any experience with the Phillips?

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 01/24/24 at 18:06:55

Dom, no I do not BUT I have bought several handfuls of these tubes and they all seem to look and sound the same, and all that are marked with any country of manufacture are . . . marked Great Britain or England.

I don't think you can go wrong with these tubes. I'll be interested to hear what you think of a pair in action!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print