Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 08:02:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Very nice Taboo MK III (Read 441 times)
stoutblock
Verified Member

FS: Very nice Taboo MK III
01/22/24 at 22:20:12

I have decided to sell my Taboo MK III.  I’ve owned quite a few Decware products over the years and enjoyed them all but the Taboo III has been the one I am having great difficulty parting with.  I simply don’t use headphones much anymore so it has seen very little use for several years now.

It was built in 2013 and I am the second owner for the last 10 years.  It has the Jupiter Beeswax caps and stepped attenuator.  It has separate XLR connections for Right and Left channel headphone outputs but of course they are wired single ended.  This model has the original and new lucid mode.  The Taboo is very powerful, I could not imagine a headphone it will not drive?  It had no problem driving some desktop speakers I once used.

It is in exceptional condition and I have had no problems with it.  It does have some marks on the bottom from where the previous owner used some isolation stands.

It comes with (1) Sovtec 6922, (2) Sovtec EL84 and (1) Phillips 5R4GYS.  At the asking price I will also include (2) Mullard Laboratory Balanced Matched Pair of Halo getter EL84 (6BQ5) tubes.  These are the real thing from Blackburn!  Both are B1K2 codes and come in the original special box.  I bought them NOS years ago and rotated them into the Taboo sparingly.  I doubt you can find a set like these at any price?

All tubes are low hours, measure very strong, quiet and perform great in the amp.  The Mullards are worth some very serious coin by themselves and sound incredible!

I believe I have the original packing box from Decware but I have to check my storage. In either case it will be packed very well.

Asking $1600 plus PP fees and shipping.  I live in the PNW if anyone local has interest.

upload image

IP Logged
stoutblock
Verified Member

Re: FS: Very nice Taboo MK III
Reply #1 - 01/24/24 at 21:47:30

This has sold!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print