04/29/24 at 15:46:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
General CSP3 question (Read 394 times)
TexJ
Verified Member

General CSP3 question
01/11/24 at 05:20:43

I am curious if we can have the ZP3 and CSP3 routing to the same amp?  (Torii Jr or full size Torii)  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: General CSP3 question
Reply #1 - 01/11/24 at 10:06:16

Certainly. You could run each to an input, or run the ZP3 into the CSP3 and then the CSP3 into the amp.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 01/11/24 at 14:29:47

Typically one would connect all the sources to a CSP3, and then the CSP3 to the amp, for the convenience of having source switching and volume control in one place. And also because running your sources through a preamp will usually improve the sound. But those are guidelines, not rules, and there is no reason you can’t run your phono directly into the amp and other sources through the pre, assuming your phono stage has enough gain. But I’m curious why you want to do that?

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
TexJ
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/11/24 at 16:56:27

Thanks everyone. I think I overthought it.  For whatever reason I thought the ZP3 was a phono stage preamp & plugging it into the CSP3 would change the dynamics of the phonostage for some reason.  Some days I'm lucky to remember my head.

*update, I went ahead and ordered the CSP3.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print