Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 10:07:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Next Advancements in Audio Technology? (Read 1310 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Next Advancements in Audio Technology?
01/08/24 at 17:42:14

My 2025 audio prediction: Active speakers w/ built in 5G enabled chimp amps, holographic DSP by Roon & enhanced wireless HiRez Bluetooth. You'll be able to hear great music streaming from you phone/tablet/laptop directly to speakers without any cables or separate equipment, just a couple power plugs

Your thoughts or ideas?

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Next Advancements in Audio Technology?
Reply #1 - 01/08/24 at 17:50:01

Could happen. No interest on my part though--I don't use a phone or laptop for music.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/24 at 21:35:55

I'm thinking this may be an easy entry point into the hobby, especially for younger folks with limited budgets and/or space.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 01/08/24 at 21:52:07

That's possibly true. I don't even remember being young most of the time though I do remember not having enough money, even after I was young!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/08/24 at 22:15:59

HK,

Are you envisioning this as a higher fidelity alternative to the plethora of wireless bluetooth speakers already available? I own a Bose SoundLink Flex that already sounds pretty decent and can be paired with a second unit for stereo, and I know there are better options on the market currently. It has a control app that could probably include DSP, as it already has Party Mode as an alternative to stereo.

I guess the part of your proposed product that I don't understand is the inclusion of 5G. Are you imagining it as a standalone product running Roon?

David

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/08/24 at 23:07:00

David,

Exactly, or at least higher resolution streaming settings via Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, etc. Essentially this set up would eliminate your equipment boxes AND provide flexibility to allow for use of WiFi or 5G bandwidth for high resolution streaming.

HK

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/10/24 at 15:23:10

Sounds like the Vera-Link. It uses Bluetooth. Only need to plug in two power outlets, one for each speaker.

https://verafiaudiollc.com/products/best-audio-products/vera-link-53126868

The sound is incredible, $200 plus a pair of speakers and you will have some good tunes going in a few minutes.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/10/24 at 15:34:29

Lon
"Could happen. No interest on my part though--I don't use a phone or laptop for music."  I saw the original post and thought the same. We are solely physical media folks. My cell phone is usually dead and sitting where I can't quickly find it again. Hate that obnoxious thing! Cheesy My wife gets so mad if I take off without it (health thing) so I understand her putting it in my hand as I leave. The pc w/music while using YouTube for music, but very seldom. It does look like the younger generation is all good without physical media..so now it slowly dies. We are fortunate to have so much over the years that we purchased as our own. Never even entered my mind to rent music, and then one day not find your favorites because a certain song or entire record was removed. Also some folks cannot believe the poor quality of internet service and PRICES in certain rural areas  of the country. At least we can pay bills and type with it... kidding a bit. We sure do love music a lot..and we sure are getting older..... Guess I'm done typing (practice) not too bad for a one handed/half a brain country guy..truly blessed   Smiley   All the best~ Mike

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 01/10/24 at 16:55:12

Yes, I'm so happy with the systems I have now. . . and with physical product. Last night wind took away our cable and internet til now. I was able to rise early with the dog and listen to some great music, and then my wife asked "what movies can we watch?" and we settled on watching "True Detecive" season one on DVD--her first time, my second. So glad to have discs as an option!

I too often find my flip phone dead . . . I just don't use it. At least I'm only paying 20 bucks a month for the few calls I make and receive. And I don't have any music on it--doesn't even connect to the internet. Ah the life of an old fogey!

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/10/24 at 17:25:32

Smiley Yup! Old fogies alright!..... but another wonderful day as I got to greet another one, stand up out of bed with my own two feet and got to see my kathy's beautiful face ~My own phone is often dead and I sure do get a ration of sht from family/ friends and work partners (ret) wondering how I am doing. Good people and it makes me feel bad, but I DO call back! Our mostly useless tv is most always on that stupid shopping channel because there are no commercials, and it is on low for noise mostly. She does watch reruns of Everyone loves Raymond sometimes, but those freaky commercials and constant drug pushing drug company adds are off the charts too. I counted 3 different ones in one commercial break. ..geezzess.... Another grey, cold and snowy day here with serious wind later in SW Montana as well,  avalanche warnings just a bit north of us but soon will be here too. I'll be outside on slightly better days.. Kathy and I recently moved things around for our soon to be Zen. We're all set now. Smiley Lon, you are among the very helpful and knowledgeable here and I do see your posts. Good people all over this here forum..more coffee. Till next time ~Mike

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 01/10/24 at 17:53:17

Mike, you are right, lots of good people here.

I wish our TV weren't on as much as it is but we watch a lot of TV here and we each watch shows alone the other does not have interest in, and watch a lot together. I used to avoid TV more but I have found so much good to watch now, and if I really like it I buy discs if available as the networks and streamers have often enough stopped making available shows I like to rewatch (lately I'm glad I bought all of "WestWorld" as it went away).

My focus though is on music, and I'm so glad I've always prioritized discs and equipment--because boy am I sitting pretty now! Hope that Zen arrives VERY SOON.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #11 - 01/10/24 at 20:28:20

Last night due to the storm and high winds, my internet was very sporadic, so streaming was out of the question.  Needless to say Vinyl and CD’s came to the rescue.  

As Lon pointed out….there is something to be said for having physical media on hand to enjoy your music.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 01/10/24 at 20:55:38

yup!! It's all we have! Hundreds (Maybe thousands) of titles. Including a few hundred concert dvd's and blu rays.  [smiley=icqlite20.png]  Totally understand weather and power/internet interruptions for sure! Take care  [smiley=icqlite20.png] Mike

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/13/24 at 13:03:17

Quote:
Your thoughts or ideas?

Over my lifetime, I have never been able to sit for hours on end without fatigue listening to music until now with my current system which is heavily treated. Use to change tunes constantly looking for great single passages. Now, just look forward to the next tune on whatever is playing. Very seldom change any source of material until it is over. It has to be a very bad recording to do that.

John

I do not hold much hope for any solid state device to give the same tireless reproduction of music

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 01/13/24 at 16:41:03

Case in point:

I just replaced my worn stylus on the 2M Ortofon cartridge from the hyper-elliptical to the Shibata. So, went down to the Chariot and slipped the Shibata in…4 hours later still in the room listening! Well, the plans for today(had a game plan of adding some hi-lighting to the family room) have changed for sure!

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print