05/19/24 at 23:32:22 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Snubway by Verafi (Read 4912 times)
Sean
Seasoned Member

Re: Snubway by Verafi
Reply #50 - 05/08/24 at 20:56:38

I'm interested to hear where you guys plan to use your Snubway(s).

I have my SDFB in one outlet position on a dedicated line. I use a Furman PL Plus conditioner on the other outlet. Turntable, two different LED lights and a small fan go into the Furman. I'm leaning towards moving the Furman to a different circuit and plugging the Snubway into the bottom outlet. Or should I leave the Furman there and plug the Snubway into that? Or what about an outlet that is right next to the house fuse box?

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #51 - 05/08/24 at 21:05:40

I have one unused plug on the wall outlet that my power conditioner is plugged into. My plan is to plug it in there, right next to where the conditioner is plugged in.

My power conditioner outlets are all in use.

I hope this will work as intended.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222/Zbit
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright)
Crown XLS-1002 Sub Amp
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-8b
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in Open Baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #52 - 05/08/24 at 21:06:16

My system is all connected to a PS Audio P15 regenerator. I will connect the Snubway to the bottom plug of the outlet the P15 is connected to. Currently I have a Shunyata Research Defender connected to that plug in the outlet, I'll move that to the outlet nearest the system not in use.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 05/08/24 at 21:16:46

I believe Mark recommends the 1st position in a power strip, power conditioner, etc. particularly when equiment with switch mode power supplies (mostly digital equipment) and/or an parallel outlet with equipment plugged into.

I am going to start with the Snubway in a parallel outlet which my amp is directly plugged into. I get some light residual noise at different times of the day. I'll try this for a week or so, then move it to my UberBUSS power conditioner. I've got all my source equipment which includes some of those problematic switching power supplies.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #54 - 05/08/24 at 23:45:56

Thanks All for the wonderful support.

You'd think that living in China for 11 years I might actually remember that May 1st begins...

During the May Day holiday, which lasted from May 1 to 5, myriads of people across the country opted to embark on journeys near and far with their friends and family to enjoy their leisure time.

I dropped the ball here which ran the delay out a bit...

Least I can do to acknowledge my oops - and give everybody some extra cash for new Sluggos or???

Many thanks to all...

Mark

PS - my first time in China was in the late 70's I will never/ever forget that trip. People were so kind and giving to me. I ate noodles for days - each time with new families. I spoke English, Russian and Yiddish - not a work of Chinese... It was a TRIP

IP Logged
verafi

Reply #55 - 05/09/24 at 03:16:14

Hey All...

Just sharing the first load of 100 custom milled Shells - this is from yesterday -

Anodizing already in process. Loading for shipment tomorrow.

Enjoy...

441285143_1374829043207307_2580145746826428085_n.png
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 05/09/24 at 04:55:23

Thx for sharing the pic Mark!

I’ve also been mulling over where to insert my two SnubWays.

For starters, I’m going to plug one in to one of the available receptacles of my two dedicated Hifi Circuits and the other one in to my HT circuit.

Then I might play with both in to the dedicated Hifi circuits, before experimenting with moving them downstream. In other words:

Arrangement 1:

1) 1x SnubWay plugged in to Duplex outlet for Hifi Circuit 1 (and later to Hifi Circuit 2)—both home runs.
2) 1 x SnubWay plugged in to AQ Conditioner that my AVR, Apple TV, Modem/Router are connected to.  The AQ conditioner is connected to a typical daisy chained circuit for the basement

Arrangement 2:

1) Hifi Circuit 1—Wall Duplex Outlet
2) Hifi Circuit 2–Wall Duplex Outlet

Arrangement 3:

1) Hifi Circuit 1—MagikBuss
2) Hifi Circuit 2–Puritan

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 05/14/24 at 23:13:50

I was a bit confused about how the first position on conditioners like the Puritan or the MajikBuss/UberBuss would work considering all the outlets on such conditioners are supposed to be independent of each other.

The latest set of instructions from Mark seem to clarify that in this case, the SnubWay should be plugged in to the outlet feeding that particular conditioner to positively impact all the gear plugged downstream.  This makes it super easy and clear as to where it will have the most benefit.

Hoping to get my tracking number soon!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #58 - 05/14/24 at 23:57:18

I'm hoping to get it soon too. I'm going to place mine in the other plug in the Furutech wall outlet my SDFB to the P15 is plugged in--currently there is a Shunyata Defender there which should go into the outlet on the opposite wall, the other outlet nearest the system.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #59 - 05/15/24 at 22:07:16

Come to Papa - Welcome Home

_mls.jpg
  IP Logged
bloodlemons
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 05/16/24 at 08:36:36

Sweet!

Thorens TD 125 Mk II w/SME 3009 and ZYX Ultimate Airy Exceed; Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vestigal Arm and Grado TLZ; ZP3; CSP3; ZMA; ZSB; Mac Mini; Teac PD-301-X; Sorcer X4+; SDFB w/ Super Duper Sluggos; Decware cords and interconnects
  IP Logged
verafi

Reply #61 - 05/17/24 at 15:02:29

Good Morning

Please look for e-mails from Damien re Tracking Numbers

We can process about 25 to 30 orders per day.

Many thanks for your patience

Best wishes

Mark

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print