Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Power Purifier (Read 799 times)
Skyblue
Verified Member

Power Purifier
12/16/23 at 23:46:22

Hi Decware family
Just a quick question I’m looking in the new year at the Puritan PSM 156 I’m wandering have anyone heard of it and is it a good buy.

I really miss my ZCD 2001, I’ve got a Lowe level marantz 😭😭.
I appreciate your advice.

Colin 🙂

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Power Purifier
Reply #1 - 12/17/23 at 01:07:10

There's quite a bit of user impressions in this thread:

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/cad-ground-control-is-stereophile-product-of-the-yea...

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/17/23 at 03:29:30

I am pretty sure some folks on this forum are using a Puritan PSM 156, thinking maybe Joman and maybe AstroChris and also maybe Bottlehead might have one... and probably more... Can't recall for sure, but could be a worth a search here on the forum, and maybe more with one will comment. Good luck... there sure have been a lot of positive feelings about them out there.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Bottlehead
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/17/23 at 05:55:40

Hi SkyBlue,

I do indeed have a Puritan 156, and am very impressed with it. Impressed enough to call my audio buddies back in Washington state, and now a couple of them have 156s, also, and are happy with the improvements to their systems. I do have to say, though, that the real benefit comes from using Puritan’s Ultimate power cord(s) in your system, and those are a bit spendy. As for the unit itself, I was expecting it to take 100 hours or so before I heard any improvement, but that wasn’t the case. Almost immediately, it was better than the Furman that I had been using. Anyway, I hope that helps. Maybe others will chime in here as well.

Randy

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 12/17/23 at 11:23:06

Hey SkyBlue,

Also using the Puritan PSM 156 and I would heartily agree with Bottlehead including the comments about the power supply cable that comes with it.  

The Puritan Classic cable that came with the PSM 156 prevents it from being the best that it can be.  The Puritan Classic cable is very good with components that do not have a high power draw.   I did not spend the money on the Puritan Ultimate cable.  Instead I experimented with my DHC1 power cables which are soon to be replaced by the DHC3 cables that I bought almost a year ago.

I did change the plugs on the DHC1.  For the receptacle end I used a Furutech F!-12M- Rhodium and for the 20 amp plug I used a Furutech F1-31 20 amp plug not sure now whether it was the Gold or Rhodium.  The difference was significant.  The electrician just finished running a 10 gauge dedicated power line and once the room is completed I'll be installing a Furutech receptacle and switching to the DHC3 cables.

Bottom line, I wouldn't be without the PSM156 and if I ever need more outlets getting another is a "no brainer".

IP Logged
Skyblue
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 12/18/23 at 23:55:28

Hi again
And thank you again for the feed back from all of you 🍺.
Thanks bottlehead for that feed back with your enjoyment and friends as followed you that’s encouraging. And I be looking it the ultimate cable but it’s £620 😭
And jaman, I’ve seen a video on the upgrades,
And your right Furntech F1-33 20A Rhodium.
Just checked prices on them and they £123 each and I would need 6.
It dose mount up, but I don’t have to do the upgrade straight away😁
It’s good to hear from people you trust so thanks again.

Colin😁

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print