Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 15:31:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale: Decware SV83 Monoblocks (Read 3988 times)
Gilf
Seasoned Member

For Sale: Decware SV83 Monoblocks
11/25/23 at 14:27:28

Im making room for the arrival of my new Decware amp, selling my SV83 monoblocks. $3000. They are fully functional, dead silent, and include original “drool cloth” and plinths (one plinth has a ding on the corner, otherwise entire package is like new).
Have been upgraded to include Hazen/CCE mods, and anniversary mods with Miflex copper foil caps. Will include an extra tube set and Cryotone 6n1p input tubes.
Pick up in-person (Chicago south suburbs) preferred with cash but will ship securely if necessary. Buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. Estimate shipping at ~$200.
https://www.decware.com/zm9b.htm
https://www.decware.com/Monoblocks/sv83mowner.pdf

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Re: For Sale: Decware SV83 Monoblocks
Reply #1 - 11/30/23 at 12:25:33

Still available.  Am I sensing a decline in demand for Decware?

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/30/23 at 16:13:09

With Christmas around the corner and this 'build back better!' thing, many folks have (us included) had to reduce spending on 'things' and focus solely on necessities. The economy is a MESS. In my opinion..~it's~ all as designed. Sit tight, they will sell, may take a bit longer. Shipping $ is nuts too. All the best~ Mike  

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/30/23 at 18:06:09

No, doubt, Mike!  When I got a shipping estimate on these amps I was blown away.  

Hope all have a safe and enjoyable season.  A good time for us to appreciate how good our systems sound and not what could be better.  :)

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 11/30/23 at 20:25:07

It was so long ago that I owned a set of these. I still miss them. There were a few models of this amp, but this is the most special. I do not remember what they sold for new, but I got such a deal on them that I had little choice but to buy them. As I recall, the serial numbers were #1 and #2 signed by Steve himself.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/30/23 at 21:23:06

Yes, these were a steal when they were new. They sounded amazing for their time, too. The hazen and anniversary mods took this to a new level, and practically doubled the cost for me.
Interesting note about serial numbers, 4k. Where are they? I’ve never seen a trace of a serial number on mine. I always assumed mine were early models before Steve started numbering them.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 11/30/23 at 22:42:17

Well, as usual, I just had to take the bottom off just to look around. That is where I saw what surprised me. Steve's signature and the serial numbers. What is really cool about these is how they can be run in various ways.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/30/23 at 23:13:34

Hmm. That is interesting. I’ve had the bottoms off of both several times and never seen any identification in either one. There are wood blocks in both the front corners of both amps that I have never poked around at or tried to remove. Perhaps there is something there. Now I’m curious.

Yes. They are versatile. Between the bias switch and being able to run 1-3 of the SV83s in each, not to mention normal tube rolling options, these amps can be tailored in so many ways. I thought they were outstanding stock but after I had the miflex caps and CCE mods done, just wow. Reading all of the reviews of Steve’s new 300b I just can’t imagine what that is going to be like when it arrives knowing the sonic capabilities of these monoblocks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 11/30/23 at 23:19:55

Well I had the SE84UFO3 Monoblocks with the CCE and all Anniversary Mods, and now have the SEWE300B. Both are fantastic time and space machines, just different ways to hear the material, and eerily similar to each other.

The real determinant I believe is speakers in use. My HR-1s worked well with the Monoblocks, but the SEWE300B gives them just a bit more food to perform with. I wasn't aware of any real lack before with the Monoblocks though. Someone will be very happy with these.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/01/23 at 23:03:23

Thanks for your recommendation, Lon. I’ve always used relatively high efficiency speakers, a range of Klipsch’s and the last couple years Lii’s. Even with my UFO I never fealt like I needed more watts or volume, but you are right, the these monoblocks just have a tighter “grip” and I am imagining the 300b will be even more, though I can’t really fathom at the moment what that is like.

IP Logged
Eboogie101
Verified Member

Reply #10 - 12/20/23 at 23:44:43

Hey! Are the mono blocks still available?

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 12/20/23 at 23:57:05

Yes they are. I am listening to them right now. 😀

IP Logged
MarLin
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 12/21/23 at 20:59:51

I haven't been able to find it.  What is the power from these monoblocks?  More than a SE84UFO, correct?

Various vintage DAC front end (SF SFD-2 Mk.III, Theta Pro Gen Va, Wadia 15) into an Audio Research LS-27 feeding a Boya 300B amplifier
On the waiting list for a Sarah 300B :^/
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 12/21/23 at 21:06:59

5 watts according to the original specs.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 12/26/23 at 13:12:33

Bump.

Still available.

IP Logged
THE ORDYSSEY
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 01/01/24 at 09:21:26

Are these still available?
I think they would make a killer addition to our home system.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 01/01/24 at 12:55:14

Yes, still available. Will send you a PM.

IP Logged
THE ORDYSSEY
Verified Member

Reply #17 - 01/01/24 at 22:42:37

Excellent.
I will be in touch with you soon.
Hopefully, this will count towards my post count.
These would make a wonderful late Christmas gift.
Talk to you soon.

IP Logged
Scott B
Verified Member

Reply #18 - 01/12/24 at 16:09:26

Are these still available?
Thanks,
SB

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 01/12/24 at 16:16:18

Hi Scott, yes they are.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 01/29/24 at 19:39:43

I’m surprised these haven’t sold yet. What does the group think here? Am I asking too much? The mods and tube sets were expensive upgrades.
Dropping the price now to $2750.
Includes the following tubes:
(2) GZ32s
(2) PSVANE 5U4Gs
(2) Gold Lion 5U4Gs
(4) Decware/Russian 6N1Ps
(12) Decware/Russian 6P15P-EVS
(2) Cryotone 6N1P

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #21 - 01/29/24 at 20:44:55

It could be that most members are not familiar with that model.

At one point in time that amp was the "Premier" product.

I would be a player if we did not already have a UFO that willl live here til.....

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 01/30/24 at 01:02:56

As a fairly recent fan of Decware I was not aware these existed until you listed the here awhile back. I can’t comment good or bad on the price, seems reasoanbale enough to me. Like Paul mentioned, the UFOs may be more desirable. I know people are attracted to running dual monos, so it is strange no one grabbed these yet. Hopefully someone will snatch them up soon.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #23 - 03/01/24 at 11:31:10

Bump. Still available.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #24 - 03/23/24 at 11:41:48

Price lowered to $2500. For those unfamiliar with these, Steve’s paper here: https://www.decwareproducts.com/papers/paper027

Designed to be the SE 84 UFO that can drive lower efficiency speakers.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 03/30/24 at 17:42:54

Sold

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #26 - 03/30/24 at 20:07:25

Ya got er done, congrats. Sometimes you can't even give away diamonds. I owned a pair these back in the day, and never heard anything like them since.

IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 03/31/24 at 01:18:45

Thanks 4k. I have to admit I was sad to see them go. Fantastic amps off the shelf and the miflex caps opened a portal to another world. I had a good listening session with the buyer though, and take pleasure knowing they are going to a good home. Turning my head forward to Sarah’s arrival now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print