Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 13:41:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Audio Gods are at it again! (Read 3702 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Audio Gods are at it again!
11/20/23 at 04:34:29

The Audio Gods have shoved me down another rabbit hole that I really didn't see coming, as usual.  Presently I am hearing in most ways the best sound I have ever had to date... so perfect it just boggles the mind.  It's lucid X 3.

Seriously, I didn't know it could get this good.  I really didn't.  In a way it has humbly restored my faith in the recording industry who I have falsely blamed for lackluster sound at least 60% more than was deserved.  It was me.  My lack of discovery, that in part came from lack of time and funds like all of us, prevented it from manifesting like it is now.

Over the past 6 weeks or so, I have been listening more than ever before.  Never missing a night, and can't get enough.  I feel embarrassed that as a so called audio guru I have never heard anything this good before... makes me wonder what planet we're on.

So each night I'm hearing this miracle happen in front me and thinking... boy I should be recording this for Youtube.  And at least ten times I've asked myself why an I not doing this?  It's because I haven't been given permission yet.  I'm still in school. (Audio Gods - don't test them)

I can't even believe what I am hearing, and it is still improving and here we travel through this worm hole...  They told me it was a rabbit hole and it was a frikin lie, it's a worm hole.

Just so you know, it's not another holy grail DAC, but so far less than a grand of additional investment in my vinyl rig, but in exactly the right stuff.  I'm ashamed to say that once I got into 5+K DACs my vinyl rig was being seriously challenged. Right now with the help and fortitude that comes with bonding with Audio Gods, I don't see any amount of money in a DAC being able to achieve what I am hearing from my vinyl rig. There is just no way it can happen.  This is actually back to being in a whole new league and we're only half way through the worm hole.  

I am in school, and one of the thrilling outcomes is hearing Decware gear for the first time.  OMG is the ZP3 good.  And presently my ZP3 has no anniversary mods, not even copper foil caps.  Nothing.  Bone stock.  I would be scared to change it, frankly.  And the Sarah 300B amplifier is insane driven directly from the phono stage.  And just to show there is no ego involved, the speakers are Bob Zigler's HR2's.  Setting in the middle of a forrest of my own designs. This is part of the reason why the Audio Gods visit so I have been told. They are really putt off by ego and narcissism.

The Audio Gods as I've described before have a betting pool.  A clear pool of water where they all sit around like a bar and watch us like a TV show and bet on the outcome.  Since they can put urges into your mind, they get a great deal of satisfaction from seeing those urges and ideas or pictures or seeds sprout into a two way communication and then of course they enjoy speculating on which way it will go... and the ultimate outcome.  Most people ignore the urges and simply don't receive the signal. Personally I listen with the greatest of faith because I'm not smart enough to be an audio guru.

Anyway, you haven't heard from me in awhile and you won't hear from me in awhile because I'm being educated, I'm in the middle of a worm hole and holy crap is it good so far!

Happy listening

Steve : )

WWW   IP Logged
charles hidalgo
Seasoned Member

Re: Audio Gods are at it again!
Reply #1 - 11/20/23 at 06:45:39

This was great to hear. I have been going through a bit of an audio rebirth this last year. After over 45 I have had to rebuild a system from scratch for the second time in my life, and it has been so much fun to be blown away again daily. A few things were very instrumental in this journey. Decware was and is a major part of this!

The ooo's, ahh's, smiles, gasps, and everything in between has me listening more than I have in over 15 years, with most sessions being ended only after several hours, and or falling asleep in the chair (which has always meant a good time).

Thank YOU Steve, along with the everyone else there for helping make this fun again.  

SEWE300B #004
HDTv2
Zbit
Schiit Freya+
Schiit Loki Max
EverSolo Streamer/DAC combo
Custom AT turntable
Softone phone stage
TEAC and Otari tape machines
SVS Pro 1000 subs
Nordost cables
WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 11/20/23 at 08:56:29

Happy listening Steve! You've been dishing it out, now take it.

I'm glad I ordered a ZP3 last week, been too long without one. (I know there's an incredibly long wait, but I need something to wait for). I may never be able to afford a pair of HR-2, but the two pair of HR-1 have never failed to deliver to me involving sound.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #3 - 11/20/23 at 17:21:12

Ok here goes, I believe that there are no stupid questions only stupid people. So in that vain, is there an economically sound method to modify a HR1 into a HR2? From my understanding for example the difference between a HDT &  HDT v2 is a new driver. Maybe that’s an over simplification because I’m talking about a second variation & not going from  a number one to a number two. Bathroom humor aside this is a question that some would find an answer interesting & useful.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/20/23 at 20:00:29

BlackBess,

Highly doubtful. As you can see from the thread link below, Zygi (Bob) states that the HRv2 is a completely different speaker. You might want to message him for a direct response.

https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1697071789

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 11/21/23 at 13:48:37

Steve….the Audio Gods must have been whispering in my ear as well.  I have lately been exploring vinyl  myself and actively looking to upgrade my entry level vinyl setup.

I have decided to put in a Black Friday order for a fully modded ZP3.  I know the wait is long, but some things in life are well worth waiting for.  I can say that every piece of Decware gear I have ordered thus far has exceed my expectations.  

While upgrading from a ZSTAGE to a CSP3 was a great move for my entire system….adding a fully modded ZROCK2 has taken my vinyl playback to another level.  I have some albums that sound thin and lack dynamics.  The ZROCK2 really makes those recordings come alive.  

The best part about enjoying vinyl in my house is now seeing my 12 year old daughter getting involved. She loves the ritual off cleaning the album with a record brush before playback, and dropping the needle to the record.  There is something satisfying about the manual process of the vinyl experience that makes it just that much more enjoyable.

Happy listening!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #6 - 11/21/23 at 14:52:06

Don; Sir you might as well put that order in today to get your ZP3 a few days(weeks, months) earlier. I don’t believe that product is available in the listed items for the BF sale. Check your e-mail, click “shop now”
At this time it doesn’t seem Decware needs any new incentives to goad people into purchasing their electronic gear.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 11/21/23 at 15:34:04

That's good advice BB. I too was planning on saving 10 percent and ordering a ZP3 on Black Friday, but noticed that the Black Friday items were limited this year. I put in an order last week instead. Now the long wait begins.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #8 - 11/21/23 at 16:25:11

Lon,

Where did you see limits to Black Friday purchases.  It might change my plans as well.

Thanks.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 11/21/23 at 16:34:58

Tony: if you have the email with the code, there's a link to the sale items on there, that's where I learned of the items.

I found it, here it is:

https://www.decwareproducts.com/sale?utm_campaign=8d2e6a3f-2e30-46b5-b74f-5aafcf...

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #10 - 11/21/23 at 16:45:36

I know my posts are unpopular, undesirable or  just plain completely ignorable. But please refer to my previous post. Reading comprehension is fundamental, is that what say? I know I’m full of B.S. but I’m trying to add to this forum, not tear it down. Being old, I do have many entertaining stories. Thanks Lon, cooler heads prevail.
I don’t mean to be snarky

Little Blackie, not to be confused with BlackBess

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #11 - 11/21/23 at 17:46:56

Black Bess…

Thank you very much for the info.  Yes I did get the email but never really scrolled through the items.  My fault for assuming that all items would be considered.  
Going to place an order now ahead of the BF sale for sure.

BTW….love the engine modifications. I am a car guy at heart.    I used to own a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD with HKS stage 3 modifications putting out 23 PSI of boost.  The launch on that car was just amazing with next to zero wheel spin.  I still miss it to this day.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 11/21/23 at 18:37:43

Ralph, I enjoy your posts...and everyone else's as well.

I'm a gear head as well. Do you run the Mustang out at Keystone? I haven't been out there in years. My buddy and I used to go Friday nights and I miss it. Can't wait for next spring to get my 6 yr old out there to experience it all. He's INSANE when it comes to cars. This had to be 20 yrs or more ago, there was a four eye Mustang called something like hi tech, it was a 4 cylinder car that ran 9's. NINES! I miss the sweet smell of high octane exhaust and burnt rubber...smells like victory!

As for Steve's post, I'm mostly vinyl here and run my ZP3 straight to my SE84UFO. Lately I'm getting the real itch to add a CSP in the middle of those. But with the wait I'm looking around for a stopgap piece that will allow me to test those waters before beginning a long wait for a brandy new CSP. Anyone have advice for something readily available that could placate my instant desires?

I saw this one and can't find any info outside the listing:
https://tinyurl.com/mt2ayvna

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #13 - 11/21/23 at 18:41:48

Sir, thanks for the kind interaction. Yes I know from racing against them how fast an all wheel drive car can 60 foot. My blue & white car (called either Pearl or Porgy) launches pretty hard too.

My little brother ( Col. Kortyna) just traded in his old Tesla for another. He claims it goes 0-60 in 2 seconds flat. We both have a device called a Dragy, so he knows he can’t B.S. me.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #14 - 11/21/23 at 20:40:13

PM sent

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
instinct2
Verified Member

Reply #15 - 11/21/23 at 21:09:28

I've always wanted to know what is "Steve's" reference system.  From cords, wires, conditioners, turntable, cartridge, DAC, etc... I know the amps/preamps and etc. probably change, but what is used when coming for a listening appointment.  Anyone know?

SE84UFO2.1 25th lvl2
ZRock2 25th lvl2
ZP3 25th lvl2 (ordered)
CPS3 25th lvl3 (ordered)
Turntable (Looking at Rega P6/P8 w/Hana ML)
Speakers - DM947
Cables - DSR3S’s
DAC/Streamer - Wiim Pro Plus
Conditioner - Audioquest Niagara 1200
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #16 - 11/21/23 at 22:15:42

Sean, small world,yes that would be my buddy Bob Meyers. I think he calls his racer “Little Freak”. It’s a stick shift Capri that’s a Nmra contender in a game called True Street. Here’s some pics:

My manually shifted a/c equipped Bess goes 11.68@ 123, as you can tell by the speed, sometimes there’s some lifting at the big end to not get kicked out. My Bess can’t legally go quicker than 11.50 because she’s not caged.
Pearl on the other hand has been 9.28@154. That’s with a 5-speed with the big pulley, low boost tune. Now it’s been converted to a slush-box. A Rossler 2-speed makes launching big power easier plus only one shift is required. The plan is with more psi & better transbrake enhanced 60 ft. times to go deep into the 8’s. It has antique plates.
Do you know my friend Timmy Rodeheaver? Rodeheaver’s Hot Rod shop has a dyno, a powerful tuning aid. I talk a little about Bess in Hellen Darklords recent post.

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 11/22/23 at 00:33:56

I know of Tim, but never met him. Ten years ago or so I followed Steel City Stangs forum. I recall Tim and Mike from Wolfpack Speed always arguing. Good times. Mike died a year or two ago. My wife had a 09 V6 Pony. Fun car, but nothing crazy.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #18 - 11/22/23 at 01:28:25

Black Bess….

Your Mustang is totally badass!   My car was fast and it is was more of a sleeper street car.  

In terms of Steve’s reference audio system I do not know the particulars.  All I can say once you attend a Decfest and hear his vinyl rig…it will blow your mind.

Dom

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #19 - 11/22/23 at 03:57:48

Mike committed suicide, very sad. People don’t like to talk about it. Tim’s competing web site was called UGH, we had knit hats that said that. United Gear Heads. The start of the feud was when a bunch of those guys were on the show Pinks. Remember any of that, the big stink about Pinks. And yes the key to launching hard is to minimize wheelspin!! You spin’em up in the water box.

Timmy, a true automotive guru.

IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #20 - 11/22/23 at 16:50:46

Looking forward to more updates and details regarding specifics with the system, Steve.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 11/22/23 at 17:47:02

"Looking forward to more updates and details regarding specifics with the system, Steve"

Unless I was seeing things Steve did mention a specific Japan made tonearm / Decca cartridge combo ??? but looks like text has vanished ?? Maybe due to vicious thread derail ??

I started researching Decca carts awhile back when i owned a Hadcock uni pivot tonearm as it was the "go to" combo for vintage systems but sold the arm before I got any further .

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 11/22/23 at 18:57:21

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Steve's current reference systems
Reply #23 - 11/29/23 at 16:35:37

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print