Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/29/24 at 13:52:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
* AMAZING * infinite baffle (Read 1306 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

* AMAZING * infinite baffle
11/19/23 at 21:21:54

I bought some Bose woofers used for really cheap... Then I was given an ONN Boombox and ripped out the ONN speakers and wired up the Bose drivers...

I THOUGHT it sounded awesome...

THEN I was given a SONY boombox. I was unable to take it apart with a screwdriver so I ripped out the screen over the drivers and ripped apart the stock drivers and pulled out the wires to the drivers and wired up the Bose drivers. AMAZING SOUND resulted. I think it is called a 3rd acoustic order.

Is that going to hurt my speakers or boombox?  It sounds  AMAZING... I can plug my  phone into the input thing and play basstests

I am not allowed to put pictures online according to my caregivers. SO you have to use your imagination. Imagine two drivers stuck the same difference apart in a piace of foam board glued in place and then just to make sure they weren't going to fall apart I ued GOrilla glue to hold hte drivers in place. This  is basically two drivers stick in a sheet of foam board leaning up against a set of drawers.

I THINKK it is called a Third Acoustic Order, an Infinite Baffle, or an open baffle...

Maybe it is called all three things?

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Re: * AMAZING * infinite baffle
Reply #1 - 11/19/23 at 22:29:29

Fantastic!  If it sounds awesome to you, that’s all that matters. Equipment is just a crutch, music, no enjoyment of music is what’s important. Maybe to follow your imposed guidelines your caregivers could post pics for you so that they still felt the control over you that they feel comfortable with. I for one, have interest in your project.
 Rock on dude & Happy Thanksgiving.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #2 - 11/19/23 at 22:58:08

It's really easy to do. I don't know if it really matters, but I drew a line down the center of the foam board. Then I found the center of the rectangle and used a pencil compass on that center and then used a box knife to cut out the "baffle" thing.

Next I might add some sides to the enclosure... I don't want to ruin what I have though.

I forgot... I spaced the rectangle about 3  & 1/2inches from the top of the baffle so that the drivers would lean up against the chest of drawers.

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Gilf
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/19/23 at 23:28:19

Rad, HDL!  I agree with Blackbess. We’re all just trying to scratch that itch. I’m happy that you found some respite!

IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #4 - 11/20/23 at 20:54:02

So, yesterday I was playing along and it suddenly sounded terrible with al thishigh pitched tone. No matter what I did I couldn't  get rid of the treble.

fearing the worst I stopped playing and put my speakers underneath my bed where I store them. As I did so I found a packet of silica gel pellets resting agaginst the cone of the driver!!! NOTHING BROKE! Grin

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #5 - 11/20/23 at 20:56:25

This is what the label says... My roommate recording me on his iPhone. The quality is way better than my Android.

https://youtu.be/L7veeR3HOVs

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #6 - 11/20/23 at 23:14:31

Mr. HDL; Now I understand your screen name. Mine originates from a car  I have owned for 37 years.  When I started to race it I noticed some of  coolest rods had names. Hey, it’s my goal to someday achieve coolness.  My car is much faster than when I first started. In the old days it accelerated slow enough that I would cry “come on Bessy “ you know like Bessy the cow. Things are different now. It’s one of the fastest  street  legal N/A fox bodies at my home track. I can’t hear the p.a. while I’m doing my burn-out before my run & they talk about you. But my wife has told me a lot of times a guest announcer might suggest  Bess is blown or has a turbo after seeing a previous run. There is a chap in the U.K. with the moniker  Blackbess56 that I think is a ‘56 Jag. BlackBess was also a WWI tank. My Bess however is named for circa 1730 highwayman Dick Tupin’s  horse BlackBess that supposedly made a famous 200 mile overnight ride to cover his alibi. They did end up hanger him though. That’s my story & I’m sticking with it.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Decware HDT-v2
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>Klipsh forté IV
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601-II
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #7 - 11/23/23 at 01:29:33

I made a 3D model that I hope Richard Rawlings will build. that real thing got impounded... ALL i have left is a 3D model of Red Romeo. I posted the model here::

https://skfb.ly/oNRZs

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #8 - 12/03/23 at 03:14:16

My last movies... I just found outt hat I can't take video in my Adult Family Home. I posted them in a Canadian Forum...

It is Here::

https://www.guitarscanada.com/threads/i-am-not-allowed-to-make-more-movies.31140...

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print