05/03/24 at 06:34:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3 For Sale (Read 2169 times)
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

CSP3 For Sale
10/06/23 at 03:14:13

Decided to part with my CSP3.  This one is as pimped out as one can get...

Full Anniversary Mods (Everything in the CSP3 was replaced to accommodate the mods)
Miflex Caps
Cherry Base
Dual Stereo Output
Stepped Attenuators
1/4" & 4 Pin Headphone Jacks
Cryo processed by Wathen Audiophile

Will include the following tubes:
3 6n1p
1 AWV Type 80 or 1 AWV 5AS4 Rectifier
Price: for the above: $2.000.00 (buyer pays shipping and PayPal Fees

For $250 additional the following tubes:
1 Cryotone 5AS4-WC Rectifier
3 CryoTone ECC88-WC

Pictures will be available tomorrow.

IP Logged
ws1525
Verified Member

Re: CSP3 For Sale
Reply #1 - 10/06/23 at 06:11:15

Just sent you a pm.

Thanks

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #2 - 10/06/23 at 14:51:35

JOMAN,

That is a great looking preamp and given all that comes with it an excellent deal.  I'm sure someone within the community will scoop it up in no time.  Good luck on the sale!

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/06/23 at 15:24:02

My guess is that it is already sold.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/06/23 at 16:15:07

SALE PENDING

IP Logged
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/06/23 at 18:44:51

SOLD!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 10/07/23 at 17:02:20

Yes, it's sold--I bought it. I thought for sure someone would have picked it up before I made a move but they hadn't.

In some ways I need this like a hole in the head BUT it might be a great move for me. I think this may be able to replace the ZTPRE in my system and doing so would add a headphone amp, matching Miflex caps (the ZTPRE has Jupiter II, which I love, but I'd love to see how Miflex there would work with those in my ZROCK2 and SEWE300B), and would add Anniversary mods to the preamp stage as the ZTPRE does not yet. Also it would add tube rectifier rolling to the preamp stage--the ZTPRE does not have tube rectification (but sounds perfect without it). And then there is the whole Cryotone treated aspect to check out.

My system has been through so many changes this year (new DAC, new amp, new wall outlet being the biggies) what is another change? A few months of futzing that's what. Wink

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 10/07/23 at 17:25:52

Hey Lon,

It was tempted to buy it, but I already ordered an Aric Super 6SN7 Linestage Preamp. It has a remote control and it promises to have excellent build and sound. Enjoy!

Thanks again for all your advice!

Ramón

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #8 - 10/07/23 at 17:44:36

I bet you'll enjoy that one Ramon! Hope you don't have to wait long.

IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 10/07/23 at 18:33:05

The wait is about 4-5 weeks.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 10/07/23 at 18:36:43

Not bad.

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 10/07/23 at 19:30:31

I refreshed the site about 10 minutes after it was posted. Checked my math and hoped someone grabbed it quick. I was on time, but with no hobby funds.

I'm really, really happy where my system is at the moment, but you know I'm always wondering if adding a CSP into the mix would be beneficial. Someday I'll have to take the plunge to find out. Glad it worked out for both you guys!

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 10/07/23 at 20:03:22

I would indeed encourage you to try any of the Decware preamps if you can. They are not just ordinary preamps--they are great tuning tools for unlocking dynamics and heft by the natural compression gain riding can produce. (They can help with the opposite as well, lightening a dark compressed amp sound, but that has not been something I've needed to do).

the first one I bought was the CSP years ago, had Steve build it in a chassis that matched my then ride or die amp the "Select." Someone here on the forum is still using it. It immediately sold me on the fact that a preamp is a great addition even if you are only using one source.

A whole 'nother world sort of opens up with one, or at least that's my perception.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print