Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 12:44:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pretty Messy but AMAZING! (Read 996 times)
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Pretty Messy but AMAZING!
09/26/23 at 21:25:28

Here is my listening set up.  It is far from optimal but is astonishing, to me, to get lost in.  The large MDF cabinets are called Crystal-Menhirs and they have a very early version of the Lii-Audio Fast 10 drivers.  Sitting inside them are very early Decware HDT's!!!!  Also an incredible speaker Smiley  Sitting atop them are my girlfriend's T6's!!!   Two absorption/reflection panels are behind the Crystal-Menhirs but they are almost not visible.  Three more of those pannels are placed behind the listening chair.  Making 5 in total.  The panels are the ones that a very nice gentleman placed behind Randy's open baffle speakers in last year's Zenfest.  Those black tubular looking deals are Heim-Holtz resonators, called Argent Room Lenses.  A company long gone.  Behind and in the center is the heart of the show.  A decked out ZROCK2,  CSP2 with anniversary mods, and an SE84UFO25.  It is such an amazing gift to have all of these things in my life.  I know the room is not ideal, but I am not in a position to make it ideal.  I just have to wait a bit to make some changes.  It is also such a gift to have been able to meet alll the fantastic people in the Decware community and read and learn from everyone.  The Decket's are unequalled in generousity and kindness.  I built my first ZKIT1 in 2012 and have attending fests ever since.  Regrettably, I will miss this year's and it makes me sad...  But I look forward to next year and to keep myself in great energy by listening to my system!  Thank you all for having a peek.  

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: Pretty Messy but AMAZING!
Reply #1 - 09/27/23 at 00:26:25

Hello litefootdan,

Thanks for sharing a photo of your remarkable-looking setup. If it sounds as impressive as it looks, I can understand your appreciation of what you have created. Very nice.  Also, the Argent Room Lenses were new to me.  Doing a quick search, I found them reviewed here:

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/roomlens/roomlens.html

It seems like every day, there is something new to investigate.
Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 09/27/23 at 09:51:41

You need more speakers!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/28/23 at 00:44:10

You will be missed this year Dan!

Thanks for sharing a photo I love it!

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/28/23 at 00:54:06

well done and happy listening.

JD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print