Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 13:26:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dennis Had Inspire KT-88–Advance Preview (Read 1416 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Dennis Had Inspire KT-88–Advance Preview
08/14/23 at 21:08:28

Putting it out here first that I intend to sell my beloved Dennis Had KT-88 Class A SEP as soon as my Decware amp is shipped.  I needed something while I was waiting and this was the ticket!  I (and many others) consider Dennis’ design as a worthy competitor to Decware and considering his founding of Cary Audio and more than 3 decades worth of experience, he know’s a thing or two about building top notch tube amps.  For anyone interested, here’s a link to an old Stereophile interview:

https://www.stereophile.com/interviews/399/index.html

The Inspire Amp is a tube rollers dream (or worst nightmare)—it can take anywhere from small output 6V6 tubes (Dennis’ fav) to big output KT-150 tubes.  I tried a couple and ultimately settled on the KT-77

I intend to sell as a bundle with the following tubes:

1) PSVANE KT-88 (matched pair)—came stock new production
2) GE 5U4 Rectifier—came stock NOS
3) Raytheon 6SN7 input tube—-came stock NOS
4) Gold Lion KT-77 (matched pair)—bought new from Uncle Kev at Upsacle
5) Sophia Electric Original Aqua 274b Rectifier—bought new with their extended 1 yr warranty (now expired) and my fav
6) 1951 Vissaeux 6V6 GT Power Tubes (a rare find— and considered to be one of the best of the 6V6 variety)—matched pair—bought NOS from a private seller
7) Mazda 5Y3 Rectifier (bought NOS from Brent Jesse last year)
8) 5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier from Mullard (from the famous Blackburn factory in England)—bought used.
9) Pope 6V6 GT — matched pair
10) Italian Fivre 6V6 G— matched pair

Price for the bundle is slated to be $2500 + insured shipping to CONUS (expect at least two boxes).  You will be getting an amp that has been lovingly seasoned since June 2022 and with lot of tubes to start you on your tube rolling journey.

If you’re interested—PM me—we can work out a deposit to hold it in place until I am ready to ship.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Dennis Had Inspire KT-88–Advance Preview
Reply #1 - 10/27/23 at 01:56:04

Sarah should arrive in a week or two. I am ready to sell, so bumping up this ad.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/27/23 at 13:28:10

Any photos Kamran?

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/27/23 at 14:01:52

Oh absolutely, I should have added a photo here last night.  Here’s a sample pic for the amp and one of the rare 6V6 tubes from my collection that I took a while back, but happy to take more recent pics upon request. Just pm me your e-mail address.  

Kamran

IP Logged
ws1525
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 10/27/23 at 16:15:38

Very nice. I enjoyed his 300b, and was going to keep it over my Zen. My wife, however, preferred the walnut base of the Zen over the red finish of the 300b.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/29/23 at 18:18:11

Bump—a great in-between amp (or end game for some) while you’re waiting for your Decware amp.

Here’s a link to the audiomart ad with lots more pictures
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650040710-dennis-had-class-a-inspire-kt88-tu...

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/22/23 at 19:43:30

SOLD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print