05/05/24 at 21:59:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey All !!! (Read 1115 times)
1stwattlife

Hey All !!!
08/03/23 at 04:05:42

Hi

I'm a new member. I figured I should introduce myself. It's the easiest and fastest way to break the enchantment I must have been under for the last few weeks...

0.00 Posts per day

Date Registered:06/02/23 at 16:27:18
61 Days since joining

... this is what my profile says. 61 DAYS! I opened the forums at least 6-8+ times and got drawn in to just start reading. Every time! Before you know, suddenly it's been three hours and your neck hurts. I will tell you right now that I don't remember the question that I registered to post. I wish I did. I really did mean to post it, but this is where I believe the enchantment comes in. I was already mesmerized by all the information  and personalities. I read and read, and read, and read... I don't even remember most of it really. Messmerizing, I'll tell you!!

I found the forum quite a while ago when I was directed by a fellow stereo lover to check out the Decware site. ALL THE PRETTY PICTURES!! All so completely out of my grasp... I really just considered them out of my league. Along with having no real place to put a Decware setup, tubes are made of glass and are fragile. Fragile really has had no place in my world for many reasons.

I have never really frequented the forums, but  I would just occasionally lurk and daydream about having a nice listening room for the few vintage stereo pieces I walked away with from a local thrift or garage sale. This pretty well means solid state. I was OK with that for a long time. I have always been told tubes were superior, so I ignored them. I have no Idea what straw broke the camels back... but, I am pretty well done with the chase of the next failing transistor set,on its last legs needing repair to last more than a couple years not even sounding at there best.

Fortunately, I have recently moved and and now have a place where a stereo will be safe and I can enjoy it. Game on.

Cheers folks, happy to be here...

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Hey All !!!
Reply #1 - 08/03/23 at 11:51:31

Welcome aboard! Read everything and you will learn much. If a Decware amp you desire order one today as the wait is about 2.4 years. Or work to buy one used here and Audiomart, and others. Just be ready as they go fast.
Cheers!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
1stwattlife

Reply #2 - 08/03/23 at 15:22:48

Thanks so much!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 08/03/23 at 15:47:11

Nice story 1stwattlife... thanks for posting and good luck in the new quest!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/03/23 at 16:09:06

Welcome aboard! What a great username for the forum!

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/03/23 at 18:09:51

Welcome! Some nice and very informative/helpful folks here. I was interested in getting a tube amp for several years...and then YouTube popped up a Decware review. (Andrew Robbins) So I waited a few days and after my wife kept telling me to order one..i did. Had no idea what was happening to the 'list' while I hesitated for a few days. Geezz.... I am finally on the first page. Now if I don't bump my stupid head again.... Smiley All the best to ya! Mike

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print