Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/28/24 at 07:22:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Room Treatment Journey (Read 1637 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Room Treatment Journey
07/17/23 at 20:57:21

Ok, I’m done—for now.  This took approx. 2 years and I just don’t think I can or need additional treatment.  The last piece of the puzzle was the cloud, to which my wife commented—“Looks like you have a mattress on the ceiling”. I’ll take that dig, considering this and the previous treatments were birthday gifts from her!

text tieng viet

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Same Old DD
Seasoned Member

Re: Room Treatment Journey
Reply #1 - 07/17/23 at 21:30:09

Looks like a wonderful room, Kamran!

I need a "cloud panel" still, but I am adding a couple of low drivers soon, so that will be in the works.

I am thrilled to see someone else who lifts their cables more than the typical inch or so.

Wishing happy times ahead for you!

SE84Cs Mono'ed, Lii Audio F15 OB, W15 "H" Frame Subwoofer, McIntosh MC2500, Lazarus Pre, Dual TT, Ortofon, Kleenline Iso Power, Revox, Crown R-R, Pioneer Elite Digital Source
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 07/17/23 at 23:01:16

Nice work Kamran,

Your room and system have come a long way in just a few years. Enjoy!

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - 07/17/23 at 23:48:22

Kamran,

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.  May it sound as good as it looks.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 07/18/23 at 00:49:42

Thanks Same Old DD, HK, and Tony—it has indeed come a long way and yes the rig is sounding fantastic (dare I say magical)!  I was listening to Ray Brown’s Live at the LOA last night-an album I’ve listened to countless times and yesterday’s session was more dynamic, more 3D with instruments seeming further behind my head on some tracks then I’ve ever sensed before and with even better detail (the crowd in the live recording seemed more there or maybe it’s more apt to say that I was more there).  I then tested a track, which has sounded a tad bright to me in the past, and it definitely tamed that brightness, making it much more enjoyable.  I had the wife listen to her fav. Billie Eilish and she seemed to be really digging it (though no compliments were passed, which is par for the course—one song request turned in to 3 so I knew I was on to something).  We ended the night by watching a TV show on our HT and the dialogue seemed more crisper to me though I still need to test with more pronounced LFE shows to see how the twin SVS subs are performing with the additional treatment.

I opted to get both the corner tri traps and the cloud with a scatter plate behind the layer of absorption.  Have been extremely happy with GIK.  I’ve continued to deal with one of their consultants over the past two years and he has really helped guide my treatment regimen step by step.

Granted, I am also playing with my new ZR2 and a ZBIT (on an extended loan) in the mix—more thoughts on that later in a separate future thread.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 07/18/23 at 01:46:54

Very nice! I'll be interested to hear more thoughts on the cloud as time goes by.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #6 - 07/18/23 at 02:55:56

Finally. What I see here is an honest application of treatment without speakers being pushed into the corners or a giant sliding glass door on one side. I especially like the ceiling treatment. Not many people go this far, and I expect the results are a total change that are not so accomplished by what power cord is used or even in some cases whether a power conditioner is being used, etc. This approach accounts for real improvements for less money. Sorry, I have already said too much.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/18/23 at 06:28:48

Thanks 4krow! It has taken a lot of time and research to get it just the way I wanted it and dollar for dollar, room treatments (IMHO) provide a great value for money in terms of dialing in the sound. I didn’t want to keep investing in components if I couldn’t address the room at the same time.

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Reply #8 - 07/18/23 at 10:54:50

Spot on treatments there!!

I wish more people could hear a A/B test of a room before and after applying treatments.

Costwise, one can spend less than what is spent on tweaks and other components to achieve sound quality.  Personally I barked up the wrong tree far too long.

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 07/18/23 at 14:51:59

Thx Paul!

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 07/24/23 at 13:11:35

Looking good.

What did you notice after installing the cloud? Was it similar to installing more treatment in general or was there something specific?

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 07/25/23 at 02:21:09

So, two fold:

Audio Rig: In addition to the tightening up of the bass (this is after extensively testing with amped up songs and adding a lot of gain), I sense that the ceiling panels in particular are also helping tame the higher frequencies especially with female vocals.  Case in point, I always found it a bit hard to listen to Norah Jones’ album Come Away with Me,  with her vocals too shrill/bright on certain tracks (I’ve spent many a nights wondering whether it’s the recording or my rig that is making her come so hot).  Now even with ZR2 at 1 pm and ZBIT at 18 or 19 clicks, it’s much more enjoyable.  Finally, I am sensing a more holographic presentation with images not only more resolute, but firmly behind my head vs. over my head.

2) HT — I have watched mostly TV shows since the cloud went and haven’t tested movies with a lot of LFE.  That said, I am definitely noticing crisper dialogue from the center channel.  I’ve yet to recalibrate my room after the latest round of treatments, so this might even get better.

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 07/26/23 at 02:02:18

Thanks for the report. I'm really curious what it will be like in my room when I get my final cloud pieces in.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print