Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 00:11:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wicked One w/DHM108 drivers, 350 watt plate amps. (Read 651 times)
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Wicked One w/DHM108 drivers, 350 watt plate amps.
07/01/23 at 13:34:18

I am in the process of updating the listen room(Charoit). Some stuff must go with a new chair, carpet, paint, and media shelfs being installed.

The Wicked One is one of Steve's winning early designs that was popular back in the 90s for mobile use. It is a dual horn loaded band pass design. Works well as a sub for home theater too! He still sells plans for it and there is a forum dedicated to it.
The plate amps pictured in the wood case put out 250 watts RMS into 8 ohms each. The 8 ohm DHM108(custom made drivers by Steve) can handle 275 watts RMS. This bandpass sub box will kick some serious butt in this setup!

The cabinet is about 9 out of 10 condition with a couple of scratches that are hard to see. The drivers work fine as well as the amps.

The Wicked One could be shipped but really costly. One would have to pay to crate and transport. So local pickup only. I live in the Pittsburgh PA area. It would easily fit in a SUV or pickup truck. One alternative is to purchase the drivers, amps, and plans making shipping within reasonable costs. (I have the plans that Steve offered free back in the late 90s).

$700 cash or PayPal(I will absorb PP fees). Any shipping will be the buyers responsibility.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Wicked One w/DHM108 drivers, 350 watt plate amps.
Reply #1 - 07/01/23 at 19:27:38

Great build, I like to see this. Who makes the plate amps? They look to be really heavy duty from little that I can see of the transformer.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: Wicked One w/DHM108 drivers, 350 watt plate amps.
Reply #2 - 07/03/23 at 10:20:42

Hi 4krow

The plate amp was supplied by a guy in California who buys surplus.
https://www.apexjr.com/index.html
Apex Senior was the name of the amp. Looks to be not avaiable now.

I also have a four audio amps for automobile use that will match, power wise, with the Wicked One and/or the Death Boxs if one wants to go that route. It is all up for grabs at this time.

If your in the Pittsburgh area and I still have it your welcome to stop by and check it out.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print