05/06/24 at 10:16:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wait time (Read 2913 times)
jwags818
Verified Member

Wait time
06/30/23 at 16:51:30

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how great these amps are if you can't ever get one. Its pushing 3 years now. I understand the desire to want to stay small and keep quality up but there are ways you can grow and maintain quality. It is done all the time.  
I would buy one of these amps today if I could get one. And there obviously is a lot of people that would do the same. There is no guarantee I will even be here in 3 years. I am almost 60 and haven't led the most wholesome life possible.
You could take the experienced people that work there now and move them into QC roles and training and increase the number of employees at least until you can cut the waiting list down to something resembling reasonable. 4-6 months is understandable. 3 years isn't. I would much rather pay more for an amp I could actually get than pay less for one I have to wait 3 years for.
Soldering is not brain surgery. Yes there is more to it than most people think but its a teachable skill to most people. I am sure this has all been said before and I am not sure why I am bothering. Its just unfortunate to  read and hear about how great these things are and not have any way to get one.

Jeff

IP Logged
HiFi Bri

Re: Wait time
Reply #1 - 06/30/23 at 17:38:07

For anyone who doesn't want to wait, it's actually not that difficult to obtain one of these amps on the used market, especially if you're not super picky about the specific model and upgrades.

I caught on to Decware right after things got crazy in late 2021 and got on the waitlist in Feb 2022. While waiting, I was able to purchase a 2-month old UFO amp for about $100 more than it lists for, and I see various models pop up all the time.

Check hifishark.com and the classified section of this forum often and you'll be able to get your hands on one.

SE84UFO | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | Rega P3 + Groovetracer Mods | Hana EH | Darlington Labs MP7 | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 06/30/23 at 18:25:27

Yeah, filthnoise is right. There are ways to get around the waiting list, it just takes a little bit of work. And maybe paying a premium to buy one now vs. waiting. But, just like the amps are worth the wait they are also worth the effort of tracking one down on the used market.

FWIW here is a recent post by Steve regarding the waiting list:

Quote:
Posted by: Steve Deckert      Posted on: 04/20/23 at 13:33:49

...I have prepared a statement regarding our waiting list that will hopefully be of some use.

The DECWARE WAITING LIST.

Decware is a small boutique company that creates hand made amplifiers and loudspeakers of an exceptional level and sells them wholesale to the public.  This has been our business model since 1996 when we went online with www.decware.com

During the past 25 years Decware has never had to advertise, the success came from word of mouth from satisfied customers in over 54 countries.

Our business and products evolved around a consistent pool of orders that averaged 100 people at any given time.  The wait time to get an amplifier ran around 10 ~ 12 weeks.

Decware has been a well kept secret for 25 years until Covid 19 hit in 2020.  No business at that time knew what the future held. We have an obligation to not only our employees and contractors, but to our customers whom we extend indefinite after sale support too.

So in an effort to make sure our sales didn’t decline during the pandemic, we sent our 2 watt Zen Triode amplifiers out for review which basically let the cat out of the bag. Our order list doubled and then tripled in only months while people were trapped indoors with nothing to do but listen to their hifi rigs. In the two years since that time it has continued to grow to insane numbers — now over 2000 people on it despite the fact that we have doubled our production the first year and then doubled it again this year.

We will continue to hand build these amps with a lifetime warranty vs. mass producing them using circuit boards like most manufactures.  That means that the wait time is not going to change any time in the near future.

We are charging a 10% non-refundable deposit with full disclosure and access to our real time build list.  This is because:

Despite what you might think it actually does cost a fair amount of money to enter your order with all the custom options and get those parts made.  Many orders involve several emails and or phone calls where we spend time helping you select the best gear for your situation at the time of your order and again as the situation changes during the wait.  

Without a deposit the list would explode in size with people who wish to hold a place on the list until the very end and then often cancel their order.  We don’t have the time or the manpower to cover all the phone calls and emails associated with a 2 year wait just to cancel it.  The ones who complain online about this are the very ones who would do it.

We will make sure your order was worth the long wait.

Orders can be changed without loosing your place in the list.  As well, if we come out with a newer version of the item you ordered, you will automatically be upgraded at no additional cost as this has always been our policy.

Reviews will continue to occasionally happen because those who are on the list enjoy having some confirmation that what they are waiting for is the best.

For those of you who have irreconcilable issues with the fact that our list is so long — you are invited to do something about it by bringing yourself to Decware with soldering iron in hand and seeing if you have what it takes to join our team.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #3 - 06/30/23 at 19:15:35

For those who might wonder if going to the used market is worth it, my Decware preamps (2) and my amps (2) were bought used.  These amps were well cared for in each case and in excellent shape.  No doubt, as a buyer, one might have some apprehension, but even in a worst-case scenario, they could return a used amp to Decware for a fix/tune-up and add the lifetime warranty option.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/30/23 at 19:19:35

X2 on what filthnoise and CAJames said. There are options out there but it does take some work to find them. I was able to find a SE84UFO w/25th mods and a ZP3. The person I bought the ZP3 from had bought it used while he waited for a new one. He mentioned Steve told him he didn’t know why more people didn’t go used while waiting.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
jwags818
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/30/23 at 20:39:08

Have you seen ANY Decware amps for sale used? I have looked. The only thing I found was a couple people with brand new un used amps for 3x the original cost. I assume people are getting on the list with the sole purpose of selling theirs when it arrives for a huge profit. I would pay 2X for an amp in really good shape if anyone is interested in selling theirs. Or if anyone knows of anyplace with some for sale used please let me know.

Jeff

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 06/30/23 at 20:48:24

There are amps for sale right now in the classified section of this site. And plenty of them come up on ebay and other well know audio sites. What are you looking for?

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #7 - 06/30/23 at 21:56:48

No one ever thinks about getting a ZKIT 60 as a great amp to bridge the gap while you wait for your order to come up.

I’m telling you that you wouldn’t be sorry if you went this route.

But what do I know??

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
HiFi Bri

Reply #8 - 06/30/23 at 22:00:13

It's also worth pointing out that of all the used Decware amps I've come across in the last 12 months, there are a surprising number of them listed for only a couple hundred dollars over list.

Yes, some people want to make as much as they can, and no judgment there, but it seems a lot of folks in this hobby aren't trying to make much profit on passing these amps along.

I find it somewhat heartening.

SE84UFO | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | Rega P3 + Groovetracer Mods | Hana EH | Darlington Labs MP7 | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 07/01/23 at 08:42:57

Or just take a stab at building your own SE84 to fill the void for the real McCoy. Since the wait has turned into a realistic 3 years now, I purchased a couple of those Italian wooden ship models that can easily take over 500 hours each to complete. It is going to be fun to watch the kids muddle over claim to some of my possessions Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #10 - 07/01/23 at 11:29:59

I can speak from experience in saying that the acquisition of both of my white SE84C+ amps [Zen Sisters] , CSP2+, and ZBIT were all purchased on the used market.  If you do avid daily searches on the major websites… you will find what you want.  I have waited almost 2 years for my ZROCK2 and it didn’t bother me.  Just live your life and be patient, some things in life are worth waiting for….and the Decware lineup of gear is one of them.  The best part is that if you want to send the used gear in for a warranty transfer and upgrades…the wait time is only a few weeks.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print