04/25/24 at 23:44:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Next Decware Amp (Read 1876 times)
cpucath
Verified Member

Next Decware Amp
05/29/23 at 20:24:31

I have been greatly enjoying my recently acquired model SE84UFO2 on my Lii Audio Fast 15 / Caintuck Baffle and Tekton Moab speakers and am now thinking about the next amp. I would appreciate any input from others that have had a SE84UFO2 and then upgraded to a SE84UFO25 or who have added a Sarah (SEWE300B).  I am thinking of adding one or the other to the current stable of amps which includes a Dennis Had Inspire 300b
Thanks and happy listening!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Next Decware Amp
Reply #1 - 05/29/23 at 21:08:20

Which do you like more, the UFO or the Had 300B?

If you can afford it the 25th Anniversary editions of the UFO amps are a step above the UFO--I have the SE84UFO3 Monoblocks with the 25th Anniversary mods and LOVE them. Definitely more clarity and heft than the non-modded versions I've had in the past.

I also have an SEWE300B on order because I always wanted to have a 300B amp and I think Steve's will be very special.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
cpucath
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/23 at 00:04:14

Both amps are very enjoyable.  I would say the Decware is best with the Lii Fast 15 and both are great on the Tekton Moabs with slight edge to the HAD

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 05/30/23 at 00:36:13

Cool. You may not need a "next" amp. Wink

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/30/23 at 01:16:18

Moab’s!! Those are beasts. It’s amazing Eric loves to use big solid state amps with his speakers and yet 2.3 watts can make them sing. I have no suggestions on a new amp, but I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Moab’s vs the Fast 15’s. I’ve got a pair of the much smaller Pendragons.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #5 - 05/30/23 at 01:20:18

My next Decware amp is one that doesn't exist yet. I'll be back on the waiting list soon. The goal is not to purchase anything special but to be already advanced on the list in case a new amp or new product comes up in the next 2/3 years.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #6 - 05/30/23 at 03:56:50

Instead of getting a different Decware amp, if you really like the UFO2 maybe consider getting a second one and mono blocking them. Also, if your current UFO2 doesn't have the anniversary mods, I would strongly advise you to send it in and get them added.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
cpucath
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 06/01/23 at 16:42:38

Thanks for the responses. Comparison of Moab to Fast 15.  Both are very enjoyable, but the combo of Fast 15 with powered woofer and Decware amp on certain types of music is the most enjoyable transcendent musical experience I have had in my 50 years of audiophile adventure.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #8 - 06/02/23 at 03:32:29

Like CAJAMES said….the 25th Anniversay mods are the real deal!  I run monoblock pair of the SE84C+ and love them. One is fully upgraded with the 25th Anniversay mods, and the other one is bone stock.  There is a noticeable difference between the two amps.  The second amp will be going back for the full upgrades very soon.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print