Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/23/24 at 11:19:41 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Song F15 vs. Fast-15 Comparison (Read 2377 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Lii Song F15 vs. Fast-15 Comparison
05/06/23 at 02:10:10

I have been craving my F15 drivers in these large baffles for a good while now -- in fact I even caught myself thinking about removing these large baffles to make room for other things.  So today I removed the Fast-15s that I have been testing for months and restored the original F15 drivers in these wonderful baffles...

After listening for only a few minutes it was like a long lost friend returning home.  These drivers for my ears are superior on really every level.  They are at least twice as fast and are imaging better as well.  I am reminded why I put tape on the floor.  The F15 remains one of my all time favorite drivers.

If you're on the edge of doing a DIY speaker project using these drivers, get a pair now.

https://www.decwareproducts.com/drivers

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Lii Song F15 vs. Fast-15 Comparison
Reply #1 - 05/06/23 at 02:19:05

On the other end of the room are the ZF15M (medium baffles) and interestingly crammed into the location you see in the picture they always sounded a touch dry, so time to see how the Fast-15 performs in these baffles and in the same location.

First impression is that the sound is more relaxed, bass is slower and slightly deeper.  Overall I think it is an improvement in this more handicapped implementation because the dryness is gone, imaging is about the same as it was, perhaps better.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/06/23 at 03:00:57

I wonder if it has anything to do with the size of the baffle? The Fast 15’s are sounding glorious in Randy’s low profile design. Or perhaps my room treatments and other tweaks (the latest being a stupidly cheap but good measuring Ethernet switch) have something to do with it.

Hosting a party right now and being a good host, mingling with the guests, but I want to be alone in my listening room with every fiber of my being…sigh.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #3 - 05/09/23 at 18:47:54

For a fact ..... these are two different sounding drivers .....

I have both in my listening room and it's interesting that there has been a diversity of opinion among the visitors over the past few months.

If anyone would like to compare the two side by side, plan a road trip to northern Kentucky and plan to stay as long as you like.

This goes for potential Caintuck Audio customers as well as everyone in the DIY community.

I have a pair of the Decware Audio notch filters, so a comparison can be made with them or without them.
A ZROCK2 is also available.

The amplifier in my system is an SE84UFO, but you are welcome to bring your own amplifier.

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print