Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Tots
04/29/23 at 16:01:24

There is a pair of Tube Tots for sale on the PS Audio forums. (No affiliation on my part, just noticed they don't seem to be offered up here).

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
in.the.fields
Verified Member

Re: Tots
Reply #1 - 04/30/23 at 06:46:44

Thanks for the tip.  I guess I'm not clever enough to find their trading forum -- do I need to talk to a wizard behind a door?   Huh

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 04/30/23 at 10:21:00

I thought it would not be so hard to find.

https://tinyurl.com/2xv4ujzh

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
in.the.fields
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/30/23 at 19:27:16

Now I get, "Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.".  Thanks for posting the link though.

Also, my last post wasn't 'snark' directed at you -- realized it could read that way.  I wonder if you can't even see the PS Audio selling forums unless you are a member?  Shrug.

I'm only passingly interested in this anyways, but I figure others will likely run into the same walls trying to find the ad.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 04/30/23 at 19:55:26

Well, I'm sorry. I thought it would be easy to go to the PS Audio sub-forum Marketplace and see the sale page, that's all. It didn't dawn on me that that sub-forum would not be visible, but it does appear that the Marketplace forum is not available for non-members. Sorry.

The PS Audio forum member in Clarity. Here's the text of the ad:

Extra Clean+ I’ve had them for around 2 years. Really shine with the lower watt tube amps like Decware and other tube amps and quality solid state amps. The Tube Tots have some pretty exotic 4" drivers that really deliver a huge soundstage with clarity and range particularly if you take some time to set them up. Real Burl Hardwood veneer and all the hardware is excellent including the threaded spikes . Dual binding posts with a gold plated copper rod so you can bi-amp or bi-wire if you choose. From the site: Impedance is: 4 ohms nominal or 8 ohms x 2 which means each driver is 8 ohms so if you bi- amp the speaker each amplifier channel sees 8 ohms. If you don’t bi-amp the speakers they are 4 ohm speakers. From the site: Impedance is: 4 ohms nominal or 8 ohms x 2 which means each driver is 8 ohms so if you bi- amp the speaker each amplifier channel sees 8 ohms. If you don’t bi-amp the speakers they are 4 ohm speakers.
Power Handling is: 30 watts RMS
Sensitivity is: 93dB at 1 watt at a distance of 1 meter. Size is: 12” H x 9” W x 10” D
Frequency Response is: 60Hz to 20kHz

I asked PS Audio forum member Clarity if he would consider posting here--we'll see. Seems like this would be a good place to advertise them.

IP Logged
in.the.fields
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 04/30/23 at 23:01:17

Ah, beautiful -- thanks for sharing the details.  I suppose PS Audio has a good point in not letting non-members into their selling forums -- I can see both sides of the coin.

Ya, it seems like this would be the first forum to post these on... especially so because PS Audio fans are often more 'big wattage' or at least 'mainstream wattage' oriented in their system choices, which isn't exactly in line with the Decware school of thought.  The seller may not even be aware of this forum, I suppose...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 05/10/23 at 17:25:36

Well, the seller now has them listed on US Audio Mart:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649982614-decware-zen-tube-tots-loudspeakers...

IP Logged
Zork
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 07/28/23 at 17:56:21

These Tube Tots have sold on US Audio Mart.  I did not list these on this forum because at that time Decware had stock on Tube Tots and primarily out of respect to the Deckert family I chose not to list them.  The family has been extremely helpful and gracious to me the past few years.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print