Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have three drivers (Read 868 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

I have three drivers
04/20/23 at 00:59:53

to save space I am using two 6x9 inch instead of 12's. I would go for tens but that wouldn't fit beneath my bed. My space is VERY limited and I need to use three drivers in order to have a go at infrabass/ infrasound with this 6 inch driver I bought and I need two subwoofer 6x9 inch with which to load two bandpass horns .I appreciate any info on 6x9 drivers. I NEED an amp that will power all three drivers, two 6x9's and a bose six inch for an infrabass subwoofer. Graham HOliman gave me the general idea along with the Wicked One 32. both double to create high sound pressure level at below 30hz. (Infrabass might be doable with only 38 inches on the long side.)  It is a real horn... Graham Holiman didn't have real horn loading. I have streamlined MY horns for 12 inch drivers and heard that a 6x9 will deliver sound like a 12 inch subwoofer.

OOH!!! Time for supper,

Help me get pointed in the right information I need to know about 6x9 please. I need help understanding amplifiers. I need to power all three together at the same phase and I might need to be able to modify
the phase output.

I already bought this 6 inch:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195288299298?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&s...

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: I have three drivers
Reply #1 - 04/23/23 at 21:39:39

I realized that I double posted about the same topic. I don't know how to delete one of the threads. I thought maybe you would like some pictures of my Bose 6" driver

upload pics

free image upload

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Reply #2 - 04/23/23 at 21:48:19

I looked at the pictures of the Graham Holliman speaker box. It's different than what I remember!!!
I found out that I don't have enough room for the 6x9 woofers with my current idea in my head. I've seen a 4"x8" driver. Is bass possible with a 4"x8" driver? I know that a 6"x9" is close to a 12" is that close in sound pressure level... Is a 4"x8" close to a ten in sound pressure level?

Should I just increase the width of the cabinet  for the 6"x9" or should I go with a 4"x8" ???

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
jameslayton
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/05/23 at 09:20:04

I don't think it's too big of a problem. What matters is which one is more suitable and stable. You should pay attention to their quality.
elastic man

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print