Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/27/24 at 16:46:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Omega Jr. Alnico XRS speakers (Read 1184 times)
audiomaniac
Verified Member

Omega Jr. Alnico XRS speakers
04/11/23 at 04:48:43

For sale is a pair of Omega Jr. Alnico XRS rear ported tower speakers with 6.5” ALNICO drivers in beautiful Flame Red Birch premium veneer finish. The speakers are as stunning to look at as they are to listen to. The sound is pure Omega: fast, detailed and with an open lifelike presentation. They are easy to drive at 8 ohms and 95 dB sensitivity, perfect for low powered tube amps. These crossover-less single driver speakers use Omega’s highly regarded ALNICO drivers developed in-house by Louis ChoChos and come with upgraded binding posts. I am the second owner of these with the first owner moving to Tannoy shortly after he purchased them. I have used them lightly over the past year with a 3 watt Analog Ethos EL34 single ended amp with great success but I'm need to sell these to finance other audio adventures.

Sale includes speakers, outriggers with spikes and fabric grills which attach magnetically. The speakers are in excellent condition as shown in the pictures and have been handled with care. One speaker has an extremely small pin head sized indentation which does not detract from the overall beauty of the speaker and has to be viewed very up close to even be noticed. In fact, I owned them for months before I spotted it when repositioning them but I want to mention it for full disclosure. Dimensions: 38"H x 12"W x 7"D.

Speakers will be packed with great care and shipped in the custom boxes I received them in. Outriggers and extra spikes will ship separately. I'll split shipping costs at my asking price. PayPal accepted plus 3%. Cash sale with local pick up also available in Centennial, Colorado 80122. CONUS only please. Thanks! John

$1395 plus shipping

IP Logged
HiFi Bri

Re: Omega Jr. Alnico XRS speakers
Reply #1 - 04/12/23 at 01:52:39

Just want to chime in: I own a pair of these and they are fantastic speakers, IMO. I know single drivers may not be for everyone and I had some concerns about these prior to hearing them. I now have just about 200 hours on mine and with my gear, in my room, I think they sound phenomenal.

I paid the full list price of $2700 for mine so this is a really good deal.

SE84UFO | ZRock2 w 25th Ann | Rega P3 + Groovetracer Mods | Hana EH | Darlington Labs MP7 | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZSTYX Speaker Cbls | Omega Alnico Towers | Butcherblock Acoustics RigidRack
  IP Logged
audiomaniac
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/12/23 at 02:13:48

Thanks filthnoise. They would go great with some Decware gear and I want them to go to a good home. Louis makes some incredible speakers. John

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/12/23 at 22:45:24

I have the Jrs myself with the 8” Oega speakers as they are higher efficiency. I have the UFO 2.1 and love them, gorgeous woodwork and can’t decide which is better my Heresey’s or the Omega’s. Each is wonderful with some minor pluses on both sides. You should love them.

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
audiomaniac
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/16/23 at 21:25:49

SOLD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print