Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/03/24 at 18:43:39 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Open Baffles with Coral Holey Baskets & Lii Fast 8 (Read 1492 times)
mcskog
Verified Member

Open Baffles with Coral Holey Baskets & Lii Fast 8
04/07/23 at 18:56:55

Recently added on USAudioMart these Live Edge Open Baffle speakers with Sony Coral Holey Basket and Lii Fast 8 drivers:
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649971116-live-edge-open-baffles-with-coral-...

Sound really good with Decware SE84UFO2.1.

Open to interesting audio trades.

IP Logged
Paul2

Second Hand Rose

Re: Open Baffles with Coral Holey Baskets & Lii Fast 8
Reply #1 - 04/07/23 at 19:52:10

Excellent looking speakers.

Good price

If only Florida were not so far away

Roon Nucleus, Eversolo A6 ME, ZRock, CSP, SE84 UFO, TubeTots
Small treated room
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 04/07/23 at 19:53:01

I probably read right past it, but what wood is this? I can't tell how impressed that I am that someone finally did this! 'Raw wood' should be used like this more often. You can keep more of the original thickness and not that pile of saw dust just to try and make it look manmade so to speak.
Your supporting back structure and other work shows me that you have a good sense of what it actually takes to make these stable.

Good job

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 04/07/23 at 21:10:08

Yup, just read the description at US Audio Mart. You are a brave man dealing with hickory! Padak is friendlier. $1,500 is a very good price, and no I wouldn't ship them either. What a nightmare.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
mcskog
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/08/23 at 13:29:33

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes, hickory is a nightmare, especially this thick. When I first started the project I took the wood to a woodworking/furniture making shop. They wanted $500 just to cut the four holes for the drivers. I had to respectfully decline since this was just an experiment for me. I ended up buying a new saw and got it done myself. A friend and I have a new project idea we are working on and that is the only reason I decided to possibly part with these. If you are in the central Florida area and just want to come by sometime for a listen then give me a shout. Always happy to talk and share ideas with other Decware friends. And yes, Holy Cow, those holey baskets are amazing little drivers!

IP Logged
morp
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/09/23 at 16:35:13

Wow these are beautiful! Love the care and craftsmanship that is evident in these. Too bad I'm in VA or I would pick them up Sad

Richard

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print