Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 10:15:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Torii Jr V2  thru 200 hours (Read 604 times)
JMeader

New Torii Jr V2  thru 200 hours
03/17/23 at 16:36:17

More changes not sure where they came from, amp maturity or system changes outside of the amp

I my case I use Audirvana Studio which has many options to play with inside its software. One of those options is to use WASAPI or KERNEL. processes.  My previous amp sounded best using the Kernel process, My new Torii Jr V2 sounds best using WASPI.

Previously I describe my sound as if I was at a band practice and I was setting in the back of the room. Now the sound stage is still deep but now it sounds like I am setting in the first 3 rows of the room.

Also this same change finally gave me that "Warm" sound that all tube users talk about.

The key here is your New Decware amp should trigger looking at any options the rest of your system has to offer. Spend the time to play with the options like you did with your old amp.

Enjoy The Music

CD's Digitized via Exact Copy
Music Files read by Audirvana Studio
on Win10 PC
Sent to Pontus 2 12th -1 via USB
out XLR to Schiit Frya S PreAmp
Torii Jr V2
to fully updated 1987 La Scala's
  IP Logged
JMeader

Re: New Torii Jr V2  thru 200 hours
Reply #1 - 03/19/23 at 18:17:28

More testing more changes

Noted above I found WASPI better than Kernel ( settings in Audirvana Studio ) - today I played with the Hi Low Switches on the Decware amp. What I found was that Waspi sounded better with the switch one way and Kernel sounded better with the switch the other way. Bottom line I am now using the Kernel setting again with the new switch setting.

This new setting is also warmer - but the warmer sound almost sounds muffled - I still prefer it  but it is different . My previous amp sound was very crisp and clean which I enjoyed, so the warmth sound is different but very enjoyable probably easier to listen to over longer periods.

As far as the new switch settings and the sound stage, there is a slight detectable difference but the difference for me is very small and would not be a reason to choose one over the other.

Enjoy the Music

on Win10 PC
Torii Jr V2
  IP Logged
JMeader

Re: New Torii Jr V2  thru 200 hours
Reply #2 - 03/21/23 at 16:28:52

Once last thing under the switch settings.

My La Scala's are raised 12 inches off the floor

Why, I wanted to test whether the base was being blocked or absorbed by the carpet and furniture. Not sure this is a realistic concept, but in this position and switch setting the base is not "better" or greater "DB" but is does seem to be better integrated into the music over all. I believe my system is now very well integrated and sound the best it ever has. The only issue now is how do I  make it look good for the wife.

Also I think there is "room" impact I have never experienced.  If you stand between my speakers looking at the TV it still sounds good, turn around looking at the listening position and it is as if I had surround speakers. This effect/impact increases as you walk towards the back wall. Once standing at the listening position the effect is more in the mids to high range.

BTW I have an Costco front firing Klipsch 12 sub between the La Scala's my next test will to bring the sub on a 12 inch box and see how that sounds. I also have tested firing the sub towards the rounded ceiling it wasn't bad but firing straight forward is better. The sub gets a full signal out of my pre-amp.

I was previously thinking of a new Dac and or new sub, at this point I will be putting that quest on hold and enjoy listening to the music

If someone is in the area and would like to hear the Torrii Jr V2 with my La Scala's send me a message would like to share

Enjoy the Music

on Win10 PC
Torii Jr V2
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print