Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:32:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wathen Audiophile EL34-WC (Quad set) (Read 540 times)
Zoso69
Verified Member

Wathen Audiophile EL34-WC (Quad set)
03/10/23 at 18:32:49

Anyone interested in a quad set of Wathen Audiophile (cryogenically treated) EL34-WC's?

The quad set retails for $476.00.

They have about 200 hours on them (conservative estimate).

I could go on and on about the virtues of these tubes and how great they sound but I'd rather let Steve's recommendations do the talking for me.

I purchased this quad set direct from Wathen for my Willsenton R8 (on sale now at Ebay). Unfortunately most folks on Ebay have no idea what the Wathen tubes are all about, so the amp isn't moving at the price point I've set. I figured I'd try throwing less expensive tubes in the amp and selling it at a price point more in line with people's expectations. Or I might just try selling it without any tubes (stock).

Why am I selling the Willsenton?  
I've got a new pair of mono blocks (Atma Sphere Class-D) landing on my door step this afternoon and need to liquidate the Willsenton to pay for them. Not that the Willsenton R8 isn't a great little amp (40W). It far exceeded my expectations as well as many reviewers as well. I caught the upgrade bug and made the decision to try something completely different this time around.  

If interested make me an offer.

Dutch & Dutch 8C's.
4 Drivers each with dedicated DAC and 250 watt amp, built-in DSP. BACCH add-on.
Shunyata mains and dedicated 20 watt circuit.
  IP Logged
Zoso69
Verified Member

Re: Wathen Audiophile EL34-WC (Quad set)
Reply #1 - 03/14/23 at 20:10:19

SOLD

Dutch & Dutch 8C's.
4 Drivers each with dedicated DAC and 250 watt amp, built-in DSP. BACCH add-on.
Shunyata mains and dedicated 20 watt circuit.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print